Diesel Mechanic Fleet Technician
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Overview:Transit Mechanics needed at Sonoma County Transit
Transdev is actively seeking certified technicians for their Fixed
and Paratransit service serving Sonoma County. We are looking for
qualified and experienced fleet technicians to diagnose and repair
vehicles and equipment, with daily safety inspections, under
Mechanicsa at at TRAVSDEV/ Sonoma County Transit will perform an
ever changing and challenging assortment of maintenance on revenue
and non-revenue gas, CNG, and electrically powered vehicles.
Ranging from 40ft busses to cars and everything in between. This is
one of the most fulfilling and diverse fleet vehicle maintenance
facilities in the North Bay. In addition to the various vehicle
experience gained, candidates will also maintain and repair fare
boxes, fare collection equipment, small shop machinery, power
tools, and other support equipment.
Join Transdev at Santa Rosa and become a part of the largest
private-sector operator of transportation in North America one that
cares about its employees, passengers and the communities they
Why Work with Us?
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive benefits including health (medical, dental, and
vision) and group life insurance
- Career advancement opportunities owing to Transdevs presence in
over 200+ communities across North America
- Bonus paid yearly for all
- Performs transit vehicle maintenance in compliance with
- Conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or
processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Installs equipment, engines, hoses, batteries, tires,
wheels/brakes, HVAC, wiring, or programs to meet
- Services, repairs, adjust, and tests machines, devices, moving
parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of
- Watches gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure
equipment is working properly.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best
solution and solve problems.
- Practices safe work processes and contributes to the creation
and maintenance of a safe working environment for self and
- Inspects, diagnoses, services and/or repairs all assigned
transit vehicles and related equipment.
Ensures accurate inspections on coach vehicles and systems.
- Responds to road call breakdowns and performs on-the-road
repairs as needed.
- Coaches and monitors team members.
- Other duties as needed.
- Must be at least 21 years old with a high school diploma, GED
- 3-4 years maintenance experience with all types of heavy- duty
- Ability to obtain Commercial Driving License with passenger and
airbrake endorsements (We offer development opportunities for
obtaining your license)
- Appropriate Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifications
- Excellent communication skills with ability to read English,
interpret safety documents, schematics and other mechanical
- Ability to pass a DOT physical examination, including a
background check, pre-employment drug test and random drug
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate,
handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch
or crawl; and smell.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp
environment with moderate noise.
- May be exposed to water, fumes, and chemicals.
If you have any questions, please contact us at ...@transdev.com or
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities. www.transdevna.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster:
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work
in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to
pass a drug screen and background check. Associated topics: air
conditioning, environmental, gas, hvac technician, meter,
refrigeration, thermograph, thermographer, vent, ventilation
Keywords: transdevna, Santa Rosa , Diesel Mechanic Fleet Technician, Professions , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!