Quality Assurance Receiving Inspector
Company: SMC Ltd
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Come join our family! SMC Ltd. was developed around a commitment
to its people and customers. This continued a global leader in
contract manufacturing for medical device, diagnostics and drug
delivery companies.Located in beautiful Santa Rosa, CA, SMC, Ltd.
is a globally recognized premium supplier to the medical market
with locations throughout the world. People committed to speed,
technology, and exceptional performance are the cornerstone of our
organization. Comprised of dedicated people and decades of
manufacturing experience, we have continued to experience strong
growth and currently have outstanding career opportunities for
equally dedicated people.
Quality Assurance Receiving InspectorFull-time RegularHourlySanta
Scope and Purpose:
- To provide the highest quality product to SMC customers by the
qualifications of all samples and purchased products. Essential Job
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs visual and dimensional inspections of purchased
components during receiving inspection.
- This may include but is not limited to: resin, dye, ink, liner,
hardener, adhesive, chemical products, inserts, off the shelf
commodities, and customer supplied products.
- Movement of purchased inventory from inspection location to an
inventory location. Experience driving a forklift is a plus but not
- Provides information to manufacturing personnel as required in
regards to product quality and conformance to specifications.
- Assists Quality, Engineering, Purchasing and Production in
investigations of purchased item related quality issues.
- Maintains information systems. Completes accurate records (on
paper and electronic data) in order to provide excellent results.
These records include inspection reports, calibration logs, and
non-conforming material reports.
- Regular attendance is required. Other Position Duties: Create /
update receiving inspection instructions needed for receiving.
- Support the development and implementation of the SPC
inspection module in ERP System for purchased parts.
- Assist with creating data packages as needed.
- Assist with bracketing of non-conforming product / customer
- Assist with performing AQL on rework material to be released to
- Assist with the writing, reviewing and revising of procedures,
work instructions and forms.
- Evaluate quality regarding customer acceptability.
- Document and address QA problems.
- Perform First Article Inspections, Capability Studies, and Gage
R&R Studies. Reports as necessary.
- Identify opportunities for improvement to process and
- Other duties as assigned. Essential Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to use all QA equipment: caliper, micrometer, drop
indicator, pin gages, micro-vu and CMM (preferred).
- Minimum of two years Quality Assurance experience
- Plastics experience (preferred).
- Ability to read, write and speak English. Desirable
- Previous experience within the medical device industry. ADA
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally
and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move
- Ability to work for extended periods sitting and looking at
computer while completing repetitive motions to include substantial
movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing
and analyzing data and figures; reviewing detailed information;
viewing a computer terminal; and expansive reading.
- The ability to manage a number of projects at one time with
frequent interruptions and tight deadlines.
- Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling, Reaching, Standing,
Walking, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling,
Talking, and Hearing.
Keywords: SMC Ltd, Santa Rosa , Quality Assurance Receiving Inspector, Professions , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!