Company: Waste Connections
Location: Fort Bragg
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Redwood Waste Solutions, a Waste Connections company, has an
immediate opening for a Driver to support local routes in Fort
Waste Connections has many stable opportunities for qualified and
motivated individuals who want to be part of a dynamic
organization. We provide competitive benefits and lots of room for
individual growth as the company expands. Because we operate with a
highly decentralized structure, we look for individuals who are
energetic and have individual initiative and creativity. Join us
and be a part of a winning team!
Hours for this position will be Monday - Friday, 4am start time
with 8-10 hour days, occasional Saturdays.
Pay will start around $24-26 per hour, depending on experience.
We also offer great family benefits, a 401k with a company match,
vacation days, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to safely operate a garbage truck on specified routes
to collect solid waste.
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer
identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as
checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and
unloading, at times with no helpers.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other
miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work;
heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such
as moving mechanical parts which require following basic safety
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent
wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and
vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience that is directly related to the
duties and responsibilities specified.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life
insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect
with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Waste Connections, Santa Rosa , CDL Driver, Professions , Fort Bragg, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!