Forklift Operator - Part-Time
Company: XPO Logistics Inc.
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a
highly integrated network of people, technology and physical
assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a
challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We
want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive
positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and
XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at
Pay, benefits and more.
- Experienced forklift operators can start at $26.74/hour
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and
- Use appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including
pallet jack, forklift and by hand
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and
- Work in a safe, efficient manner, adhering to company safety
- Use mobile handheld devices to scan and track
- Work on a dock that is not climate-controlled for extended
periods of time
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- To be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to do basic math calculations, with and without a
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days,
evenings, nights and weekends, due to varying freight volumes
It'd be great if you also have:
- Dock/warehouse experience in the transportation
- Forklift experience in a freight/less-than-truckload
- Experience loading and unloading trailers
- Desire to succeed with a strong attention to detail
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and
weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 70 lbs.
- Sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized
freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including
a pallet jack, forklift and by hand
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading
dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull,
twist, squat and kneel as necessary
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or
other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be
required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required
responsibilities, duties and skills for this job
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.
Nearest Major Market: Santa Rosa
Nearest Secondary Market: Petaluma
Job Segment: Part Time
Apply now "
Keywords: XPO Logistics Inc., Santa Rosa , Forklift Operator - Part-Time, Professions , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!