Lead Warehouse Associate
Company: White Cap
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Company Overview Previously known as HD Supply - Construction &
Industrial and now know as White Cap Supply Holdings, LLC ("White
Cap"), White Cap is made up of four distinct businesses called
White Cap, Contractors' Warehouse, Brafasco, and most recently
Construction Supply Group. White Cap has over 400 locations across
46 US States and 8 Canadian Provinces. Approximately 7,400
associates provide support for more than 230,000 customers. In
addition to value-add services, White Cap offers a portfolio of
400,000 SKUs that include concrete accessories and chemicals,
engineered materials and fastening systems, steel products, tools
and equipment, building envelope, safety and consumables, and wood
products. Job Description & Qualifications Job Summary Perform
general warehouse operations and support management by acting as
first line of assistance for associates. Dependent on volume/size
of the facility, may have specialized tasks or have a generalized
role working in all departments. Major Tasks, Responsibilities and
- Coaches and trains lower level warehouse associates on the
proper execution of warehouse duties, ensures policies and
procedures are followed.
- Exhibits detailed knowledge of all warehouse roles and is
qualified in all aspects of warehouse operations.
- Safely operates forklift or other machinery in order to
complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking,
stocking, staging, and transportation of goods, operate pallet
jacks, or other machinery in order to complete tasks such as
unloading, sorting, staging and transporting products.
- Verifies and enters data into the system.
- Maintains condition of work area.
- Stocks product in designated location or locates to pull
correct quantities to fulfill customer orders and meet productivity
and accuracy goals.
- May also complete tasks such as receiving, returns, inventory,
order layout, data entry, and load trucks considering cubic weight,
size and characteristics of load. Nature and Scope
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises
independent judgment to determine the best approach to achieve
desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by
interpreting procedures and policies. Work typically involves
periodic review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general
guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior
level support personnel. Contributes to employees' professional
development but does not have hiring/firing authority. Work
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical
environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and
exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as
using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in
some areas. Generally 5-7 years of experience in a related area of
responsibility. Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 18+ months of warehouse experience.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of warehouse operations,
- Ability to professionally lead staff by example and handle
light supervisory duties. Familiar with training and coaching
- Ability to change or adapt work practices, priorities, or
- Ability to think and take constructive action in work-related
matters. PRID PRID140 Job Locations US-CA-Santa Rosa Posted Date 3
weeks ago (12/23/2020 9:13 AM) Job ID 2020-40896 Business Unit
Construction Industrial WC Functional Area Warehouse Remote
Position? No Position Type Full-Time White Cap is an Equal
Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected
Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for
employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age,
race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran
or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, Santa Rosa , Lead Warehouse Associate, Professions , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!