Production Supervisor, 3rd Shift
Company: Hawthorne Gardening Company
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: January 9, 2021
At the Hawthorne Gardening Company (HGC) we want our people to
empower more people to garden no matter where and how they choose
to grow. We accomplish this by encouraging people to live happier,
healthier lives through gardening. If you also feel this way then
you'd fit in great with us!We are looking for a Production
Supervisor (3rd shift) who will grow at our Santa Rosa, California
facility.Our Santa Rosa production facility is a state of the art
liquid filling operation. If you enjoy leading a team of highly
effective individuals in a fast-paced and high energy work
environment then you will thrive as the Production Supervisor. The
Production Supervisor will have a considerable impact on the
plant's overall performance and customer relations of the
company.In this role you will:
- Collaborate with a strong and high performing leadership team,
including the Office Managerand Plant Manager.
- Supervise a large workforce of hourly full-time and temporary
associates performing activities inone or more of the following
are: production, equipment maintenance, building and
groundsmaintenance, warehouse, distribution, and/or field
- Get your hands dirty by operating equipment side-by-side with
- Plant productivity, including involvement in goal setting for
the plant, and planning andexecution production goals.
- Assign work and monitor progress, execute staffing needs,
evaluate associate work performanceand drives accountability, &
coordinate scheduling to meet business needs.
- Execute and enforce government, company and/or plant laws,
procedures, and/or policies.
- Ensuring quality and quantity standards are achieved in a cost
effective and efficient manneralong with the availability of
materials and supplies; problem solving quickly when things do
notgo according to plan.
- Communicate, implement and monitor safety programs and
- Foster a team environment and ensure positive associate
relations to maintain a union-freeenvironment.
- Prepare and/or maintain various logs, records and reports, such
as production, maintenance,inventory, etc.; may purchase supplies,
parts and/or equipment; may assist in developing andmonitoring the
- Assist the Plant Manager in directing the overall operation of
the plant, performing specialprojects as needed.The perfect person
- Excellent written as well as verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage time and lead a team of
- Organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret schematics and blueprints
- High school degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification
from a certified college is basic requirement
- Familiarity with OSHA and industrial safetyWhat we do for you
(just to list a few cool ones):
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental
and Vision coverage.
- Fitness Club Reimbursement ($350)
- Nutrition reimbursement program (up to $200 per associate and
- First day of hire, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock
purchasing program (15% discount).
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes employee
resource groups: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employee
Network, Scotts Veterans Network and GroPride Network, Scotts Young
- 12 SMG paid holiday days and generous vacation policy
Keywords: Hawthorne Gardening Company, Santa Rosa , Production Supervisor, 3rd Shift, Professions , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!