Operations Supervisor - Recycling (MRF)
Company: Republic Services
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: November 11, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY: Within a division, the Operations Supervisor
?Recycling Center is responsible for supervising the recycling and
other post-collection activities in the recycling center. The
Operations Supervisor oversees a team of dispatchers, operations
clerks, drivers, sorters, helpers and other equipment operators,
who are responsible for the efficient operation of the recycling
center. The Operations Supervisor works with the Operations Manager
and General Manager to implement tactical initiatives to drive
functional excellence and budget achievement. The Operations
Supervisor ensures adherence to all accident prevention programs
and leads operations to ensure compliance with all safety,
environmental, operating, regulatory, accounting, ethics and other
standards. Responsibilities include the execution and delivery of
Safety, Customer Experience, and Efficiency while supporting a
culture of employee engagement.
- Works to remove unsafe conditions or situations from the
recycling center and all related recycling post-collection
- Partners with the maintenance department to ensure all
equipment remains in working order and in compliance with safety
- Oversees effective safety and accident prevention programs to
ensure all reasonable actions are taken to prevent accidents and
injuries; ensure a safe and productive work environment for all
employees; implement and maintain and effective loss control and
- Engages assigned employees in active participation to instill a
culture of safety by demonstration of a personal commitment to safe
operations and active personal outreach to operational
- Provides service to all customers that meets or exceeds
customer expectations with regard to the entire customer
- Resolves unusual service requests, equipment breakdowns and
schedule changes with timely communications to all
- Interacts with customers to solve and rectify any issues and
improve the overall customer experience.
- Serves as a positive representative of the Company to drive
customer satisfaction and loyalty to the Company.
- Establishes productivity goals where needed; ensure adherence
to operating standards; and manage labor hours and disposal
expenses per established and agreed plans.
- Executes other operational plans to help achieve or exceed the
division?s budgeted goals.
- Understands, supports and executes service delivery while
actively supporting maintenance and the operational role in fleet
quality and maintenance.
- Creates a collaborative, communicative team environment and
drive employee engagement with the Company.
- Builds and develops talent on the team, understands employees?
career goals and provides coaching to get employees ready for
advancement with the Company.
- Performs other job related duties as needed or assigned.
- Able to direct large staff.
- Is process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and
pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to
organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals
- Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and
- Is collaborative; builds and works with teams.
- Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions.
- Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior.
- Has strong leadership skills and proven judgment of talent,
with an emphasis on hiring and developing high performance
- Bachelor?s degree in a business related field.
- Minimum of 1 year of lead or supervisory experience.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.Republic Services is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified.-- Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and
waste services. Through its subsidiaries, Republic---s collection
companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus
on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for 14
million commercial, industrial, municipal and residential
customers.Each day, Republic empowers more than 31,000 exceptional
employees to do their best work. The Company takes pride in the
commitment to the safety of employees and communities; customer
engagement; environmental stewardship and sustainable practices;
community involvement, and innovation in all aspects of its
business operations. Republic strives to be an employer of choice
for top talent and works to create and maintain an environment that
attracts, develops and retains people who are aligned to serve
customers and preserve the planet.
Keywords: Republic Services, Santa Rosa , Operations Supervisor - Recycling (MRF), Other , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!