Bilingual Program Coordinator (VITA)
Company: Community Action Partnership of Sonoma County
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: November 5, 2018
Bilingual VITA Program Coordinator
EXEMPT: No SALARY LEVEL: $18.00-20.00/hr
DEPARTMENT: Financial Stability LOCATION: Santa Rosa
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director of Programs HOURS: Full-Time, Short-term, 30 hrs/week November-April (some evenings required)
APPROVED BY: Human Resources Manager
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION: Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of activities and provide administrative support for the Earn It, Keep It, Save It - VITA free tax assistance program. Coordinator will oversee support staff and volunteer staff in the delivery of services. Assist in the maintenance of program documentation, administrative/program support systems, both technical and manual, working independently and cooperatively with frequent interruptions and minimal supervision within the assigned program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare promotional materials for the VITA program and create an outreach campaign to inform the low-income community in Sonoma County about the VITA program
- Work with primary funder to implement current program services, attend trainings and monthly partner meetings.
- Recruit volunteers for program services.
- Oversee and supervise volunteer training and delivery of client services in the program
- Ensure that all volunteers working at a site have passed required certification tests and have provided verification of identity.
- Monitor appointments status so that volunteers can be scheduled accordingly to ensure adequate staffing.
- Assist in the completion and maintenance of required files and ensure their confidentiality.
- Assist with program documentation requirements such as data entry, program documentation, and reports policies & procedures manuals, and program goals and objectives.
- Provide funder and Assistant Director with, data, reports and information as requested.
- Assist as needed with relevant tasks related to special projects such as: preparing documents and/or packets.
- Oral and Power Point presentations to targeted audiences.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.
- Adaptable, organized and reliable individual with good problem solving and team working skills. Proven experience in handling operational support duties.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining vigilant attention to details.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Must be detail conscious, and have good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to culturally diverse groups and persons from low-income families.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from staff.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to successfully use various office machines such as: telephone, copier, scanner, calculator.
- Minimum knowledge of Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel programs.
- Interest in or knowledge of the goals of the VITA program.
The work environment is in an office setting with outreach provided in various community locations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may spend extended lengths of time standing while using such office machines as a copier or duplicating machine and / or while filing. The employee spends approximately 80% of the time writing and/or keyboarding.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that is required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Community Action Partnership (CAP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for our open positions, please download the CAP employment application.
Resumes and cover letters are welcome, but will not be accepted in place of the CAP's employment application.
Email your application: firstname.lastname@example.org
Drop It Off: Community Action Partnership of Sonoma County
141 Stony Circle Ste 210
Santa Rosa, California 95401
Fax: (707) 578-2037
Keywords: Community Action Partnership of Sonoma County, Santa Rosa , Bilingual Program Coordinator (VITA), Other , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!