SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR II
Company: River Rock Casino
Posted on: March 16, 2023
*APPLICANT CLOSING DATE: Until Filled* STATUS: Full-Time FLSA:
Exempt REPORTS TO: Manager Of IT SUPERVISES: N/A DEPARTMENT: IT AGE
REQUIREMENT: 18 Years Or Older WORKING HOURS: This is a salaried,
exempt position. The incumbent is expected to devote such time and
energy as is reasonably necessary to perform the duties and
responsibilities of the position. Position may require further
availability evenings, weekends, holidays and special events.
SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Manager of IT, the
Systems Administrator II provides day-to-day administrative support
for software users in a variety of work environments.
Responsibilities include maintaining network hardware and software,
analyzing problems, and monitoring the network to ensure its
availability to system users. The incumbent also gathers data to
identify customer needs and identifies, interprets and evaluates
systems and network requirements. The Systems Administrator plans,
coordinates and implements systems security measures. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing
environments, including computer hardware, systems software, and
- Plans, coordinates and implements network security measures in
order to protect data, software, and hardware;
- Operates master consoles in order to monitor the performance of
computer systems and networks;
- Performs routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and
maintains control records;
- Installs, configures, and tests computer hardware and operating
- Recommends changes to improve systems and determines hardware
or software requirements;
- Implements, manages and maintains Microsoft Windows Server and
- Installs, configures and administers Microsoft Windows 7 and
- Confers with network users about how to solve existing system
- Supports and maintains user account information including
rights, security and systems groups.
- Documents, maintains, upgrades and/or replaces hardware and
- Coordinates with vendors and Management to ensure successful
transitions during system installs/upgrades.
- Commits to the Team R.O.C.K. Philosophy.
- Commits to the Team R.O.C.K. "Leadership Pledge" and "Core
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job
- Adheres to regulatory, department and company policies and
- Attends all required meetings and training.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned. SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES: No supervisory responsibilities for this
position. QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience as Systems Administrator
for 200+ users strongly preferred;
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA: Windows Server
2008/20012) certification strongly preferred;
- Certified Network Security Professional (CompTIA Security+
and/or CCNA) a plus;
- Must possess strong technical (computer) and documentation
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a
- Must present a professional appearance at all times.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with
respect to all matters pertaining to the gaming enterprise
- Two (2) year degree in Computer Science or related field, or
equivalent mix of experience and training. LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are important
to the successful conduct of this position.
- Ability to write accurate, grammatically correct, polished
reports and business correspondence.
- Must be able to speak with the public in a professional manner.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure-must understand and employ statistical analysis to slot
performance REASONING ABILITY:
- Ability to proactively streamline processes for company's
return on investment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to process detailed work and requests for information
or assistance in a timely manner.
- Ability to apply regulatory and procedure doctrine, concepts,
and policy to practical situations. LICENSES, CERTIFICATES,
- Must possess a valid California Driver's License with a clean
- Must be able to obtain a gaming license from the Dry Creek
Gaming Commission. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of
- Must be able to lift and carry up to twenty five (25)
- Must be able to respond to visual and audio cues. WORK
ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job.
- This is a fast paced, highly diverse work environment, and the
position requires the ability to remain flexible and get along with
all personality types.
- Must be able to manage a number of priorities simultaneously
and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to respond calmly to customer concerns and
- Must be able to tolerate areas containing secondary smoke. A
PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, FINGERPRINT, AND BACKGROUND CHECK IS
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: River Rock Casino, Santa Rosa , SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR II, Other , Geyserville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...