Operational Branch Service Officer
Company: Westamerica Bancorporation
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Westamerica is among the largest commercial banks headquartered in
California. We are looking for outstanding people to join our
winning team. We reached our current strength because our
employees, customers, and shareholders believe in the same
fundamental goals: Delivering a wide variety of financial services
with a superior customer service guarantee.
Under direct supervision: Provides quality service to customers.
Promotes sales of Bank services and products.
* Deliver 5 Points of Service to external customers. (Your
Community Banker, Sundown Rule, It's your time, 24hrs or bust,
Statement of fact, Everybody makes a difference)
* Adhere to QIS standards minimum 95%.
* Actively contributes to team success through clear, effective
communication with Co-workers.
* Make outbound service or sales calls via telephone and written
correspondence as directed by CSM.
* Meets goal of $110/FTE per month on average.
* Assist CSM with internal sales activity for new product and
* Provide coverage for operations and platform activities,
including completion of necessary paperwork associated with opening
and closing of accounts.
* Cross sell appropriate products and services to clients and
* Contributes to Key Initiatives.
Decision Making and Accountability
* Exercise sound judgment to protect Bank assets and control
* Assist CSM with Audit readiness of branch.
* Resolve customer problems and answer customer inquiries, ensuring
superior customer service standards are maintained.
* Coach / train staff.
* Meet attendance guidelines.
* Respond well to constructive feedback and work to correct any
* Support CSM with teller line coverage and schedules.
* Under the direction of the CSM, provide support with daily
operational tasks. Assigned tasks may include processing Branch
Capture, certifications, assisting with cash shipments as well as
balancing the ATM and Vault.
* Adhere to Control Consciousness policies and procedures.
* Follow branch security procedures in opening, closing, and branch
* Meet established standards for accuracy and compliance with
policies and procedures.
* Employee's cash differences and operating losses are within loss
limits and BSA errors within allowable limits
* Complete regulatory tutorials to ensure understanding of
compliance standards & expectations.
* Answer regulatory questions correctly during Audit/Branch
BSO's are eligible for promotion based upon the following minimum
* Must be in current position for six months.
* Performance and minimum referral criteria must be met at least
four times during the previous six-month period (refer to the
"Minimum Monthly Referrals" matrix in Chapter 18 of the Operations
Manual for current referral criteria.
* Must not have been on counseling for same six-month period.
* Performance appraisal does not contain a "below expectation"
and/or "needs improvement" in any rated category.
* CSM may require additional training/classes based upon specific
The work environment described here is representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee
generally works in an office environment but may occasionally be
required to perform job duties outside of the typical office
setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in
the work environment is usually moderate.
Equipment Used To Perform Functions:
10-key machine, typewriter, Fax & photocopier, ATM, tube system for
drive-up window, Branch Capture equipment.
Decision Making: (Give examples of decisions and recommendations
made by incumbent)
* Accept and process check of a bank customer written to a
non-customer when the non-customer produces proper
* Identify best approach to obtain additional data from customer
when there appears to be questions about the legitimacy of their
Supervisory Responsibility: (List number of subordinates)
Directly Supervised: -0-
Supervised by Subordinates: -0-
Inaccurate transactions will impact branch's cash balances,
decrease teller incentive payouts and may result in customers
feeling discontent toward the bank.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS NEEDED TO
PERFORM JOB FUNCTIONS:
Good customer relations and basic math skills required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be
required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, or manipulate
computers, calculators, phones and other office equipment and must
be able to clearly communicate and write, hear, and talk with
co-workers and customers. The employee is required to walk and
stand for long periods of time. The employee is required to
occasionally reach, sit, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee may
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific visual
abilities are required in the job including close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust
* Accurately count and dispense funds to customer.
* Recognize opportunities to cross-sell products.
* Respond positively to challenging customers.
* Maintain established service standards.
Keywords: Westamerica Bancorporation, Santa Rosa , Operational Branch Service Officer, Other , Ukiah, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!