Staff Nurse II , Mountain View
Company: Sutter Health
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Organization: SSRRH-Sutter Santa Rosa Reg Hospital Position
Overview: -Provides professional nursing care for patients. Under
the general direction of the Manager, the Staff Nurse II
independently uses the nursing process to safely, compassionately,
therapeutically and efficiently provide individualized care for a
group of patients for which the nurse demonstrates age specific
competencies. Uses information from a variety of sources to assess,
plan, implement and evaluate the results of patient care. May
supervise the work and function for other staff nurses, licensed
vocational nurses, nursing assistants and clinical support
associates. Job Description:
- Associate's: Nursing Required
- Bachelor's: Nursing Preferred
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- RN-Registered Nurse of California Upon Hire
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider Upon Hire
- Six-month recent professional nursing experience.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Communicates effectively in English (verbal and written).
- Has effective skills in communication and interpersonal
- Has the flexibility to adapt to new and changing
- Has the ability to think critically and set priorities.
- Demonstrates basic computer skills.
- Participates as a collaborative member of the Patient Care
- Demonstrates the basic knowledge and skills necessary to
provide age-specific care to patients serviced, including knowledge
of the principles of growth and development and psychosocial
characteristics and interpreting age appropriate data for the
populations served in the department. Demonstrates appropriate
communication and patient education skills for the patient
- Demonstrates competencies required by department (per initial
orientation and annual review). Working knowledge of established
safety topics (e.g., Infection Control, Electrical Safety,
Disaster) as required by department and organizational standards.
License/Certifications: ACLS-Advanced Cardiac Life Support -
American Heart Association, BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare
Provider - American Heart Association, NIH-Stroke Scale - NIH
Stroke Scale Certification Provider, NRP-Neonatal Resuscitation
Provider - American Academy of Pediatrics, PALS-Pediatric Advanced
Life Support - American Heart Association, RN-Registered Nurse of
California - California Department of Consumer Affairs Education:
Associate's (Required) Job Shift: Varied Schedule: Part Time Shift
Hours: 12 Days of the Week: Variable Weekend Requirements: Rotating
Weekends Benefits: Yes Unions: Yes Position Status: Non-Exempt
Weekly Hours: 30 Employee Status: Regular Number of Openings: 1
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack,
transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as
hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for
Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans. Schedule/Shift: Regular/ Nights
Keywords: Sutter Health, Santa Rosa , Staff Nurse II , Mountain View, Other , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!