Pilot - Fixed Wing - Located in Crescent City, CA
Company: REACH Medical Holdings
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Located in Crescent City, CAJob Description:
Pilot (IFR) Fixed Wing
Pilots get more with GMR Companies in 2022!
- Very Competitive Base Wages as of July 2022
- Competitive Geo-Modifiers %
- 15K Sign-On Bonus after training!
- 40K Retention Bonus after 36 Months
- Off-Duty Housing at this location
Cal-Ore life Flight, part of the REACH/Global medical Resposne
Family of Companies has an opporutntity for a Full-Time Fixed Wing
Pilot to join our team.
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is
at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and
foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams
deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas
of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We
provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services,
integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a schedule as set forth by the company. The pilot
should be prepared to occasionally serve extra duty shifts when
called upon, due to the absence of other pilots for vacation, sick
- Ensures aircraft readiness for flight dispatches, these items
to include, as described in the appropriate manuals, but not
limited to all FAR requirements, all Cal-Ore Life Flight
requirements, aircraft cleanliness duties, all flight crew
- Accurately completes, in entirety, all required paperwork
duties, i.e., duty shift change form, load manifests, duty/time
sheets, all within a timely manner.
- Continues in educational betterment, e.g., CTS, ground training
and flight training.
- Ensures that any and all pertinent information about flight
operations will be disseminated to his/her shift change pilot
and/or disseminated through the Company Communications Board per
- Conducts himself/herself in a professional manner at all
- Attends meetings when required, and is available for training
and check-flights outside of normal duty shift rotation.
- Upholds current company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties during scheduled shift as requested by
Director of Operations or Chief Pilot.
- Maintains safety as the primary concern.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
- 3000 hours total time (airplane)
- 1500 hours PIC (airplane)
- 500 hours of multi-engine time
- 500 hours cumulative night experience
- 200 hours of cumulative IFR experience
- ATP rating is required
- EMS and FAR 135 experience preferred
- Current Class II Medical Certificate
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally, effectively and
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure, work efficiently
and accurately with frequent interruptions, and set/re-set multiple
- Presents a professional image as a REACH flight team
- Maintains a positive team attitude with flight crew members,
maintenance technician, and communication specialist by working
- Works independently and tolerates high stress levels while
maintaining a good rapport with co-workers.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of relevant aviation SOP's.
Value Based Competencies:
- Anticipates and strives to understand the needs of each
- Tailors each interaction to the specific needs of the person
- Responds quickly and effectively to problems that arise while
- Demonstrates open, honest and respectful communication.
- Provides timely, constructive feedback that contributes to
others' development (each member must demonstrate a commitment to
help each other succeed).
- Takes responsibility for individual and team actions, decisions
- Measures progress against agreed upon plans and stated
- Thinks broadly when seeking new ways to improve performance,
processes and services.
- Seeks out and utilizes best practices.
- Requires activities requiring a moderate amount of standing,
sitting and walking.
- Able to conduct activities requiring a moderate to rigorous
amount of static pushing, pulling, reaching and lifting..
- Capable of lifting 75 lbs floor to bench height.
- Ability to hear routine aircraft noises.
- Maintains a "duty" weight (body weight + uniform/equipment -
helmet not included) of less than 250lbs for Fixed Wing
- Requires close and distant visual capability (Class 2 Aviation
- Periodic hands to key ability (typing).
- The FW Pilot duties are performed in either indoor or outdoor
environments. The FW Pilot may be exposed to routine office noises,
moderate electrical or mechanical hazards and frequent exposure to
an aircraft hangar environment where the FW Pilot may be exposed to
loud aircraft noise, fumes, gases, odors, dust particles and
mechanical/electrical and chemical hazards. The FW Pilot must be
present at work site to complete the job.
- Nomex full body flight suit, and leather or Nomex boots during
all flight operations.
- Aviation helmet required (only for helicopter flight
- PPE - latex gloves, goggles and HEPA mask
- Hearing protection (plugs, band or head set)
Work Place Conditions:
- The FW Pilot is physically based at an airport "crew quarters"
for 12 hour shifts and must be prepared at a moments notice
(typically within 15 minutes) to begin air ambulance missions that
last from 6 to 8 hours. The crew quarters are equipped with
kitchen, shower, rest and sleeping facilities.
- The pilot schedule is a 12 hour shift, 7 days on and 7 days
off, typically beginning at 0800 or 2000. Sometimes a flight shift
may extend past 12 hours, but usually not longer than 15 hours.
- The Cal-Ore Life Flight FW Pilot reports directly to the the
Chief Pilot, and ultimately to the VP of Operations.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and
providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a
Keywords: REACH Medical Holdings, Santa Rosa , Pilot - Fixed Wing - Located in Crescent City, CA, Other , Lakeport, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!