Call Center Operator
Company: Eye Care Institute
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Long established and well respected seven-doctor Santa Rosa
comprehensive eye care practice is offering a full time call center
position. This individual is responsible for providing a friendly
and efficient patient experience, answering the telephone in a
courteous and professional manner, directing calls to appropriate
personnel promptly and accurately, and scheduling appointments in
accordance with templates. Call Center Operator works closely with
a team of medical call center professionals, ensuring that patients
receive outstanding customer service as well as prompt call backs.
Position is responsible for meeting productivity and customer
service metrics to drive customer focused experience.
*EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE*
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* Experience using electronic practice management and/or electronic
health record systems preferred.
* Excellent communication skills
* Experienced in use of general office equipment including
keyboarding, use of computers, use of multi-line telephones and
answering/transferring phone calls.
* Previous customer service or medical office role preferred.
* Fluency in English and Spanish preferred.
*KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES*
* Excellent customer service and communication skills.
* Accurate data entry.
* Ability to work as a team member.
* Management of multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Strong organization skills with attention to detail.
* Empathetic personality with concern and respect for patients'
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with patients, employees and the public.
* Composure under pressure.
* Answers multi-line telephones promptly and courteously.
* Positive attitude.
* Ability to benefit from instruction and to learn from errors
* Knowledge of, and ability to abide by, regulatory and insurance
requirements including, but not limited to, HIPAA, OSHA, and
general medical record documentation
* Honesty and integrity.
*ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.)
* Answers telephone calls promptly, courteously, and utilizing
appropriate practice scripting
* Addresses the caller's concern.
* Directs all calls to appropriate personnel.
* Identifies emergency calls and schedules appropriately.
* Process or make appointment confirmation calls.
* Schedules, reschedules, and cancels appointments as
* Answers the phones in a friendly and helpful manner.
* Provides support services to patients and medical staff.
* Greets and registers patients in a prompt, pleasant and helpful
manner. Verifies necessary information, i.e., patient address,
phone number, insurance.
*General Data Entry*
* Scanning information into systems
* Assignment of appropriate information attached to patient
* Accurate capture of demographic information
* Provide cross coverage to front desk team
* Communications with billing team to ensure clean billing
*Motor, Sensory, and physical requirements*
* Must be able to operate modern office equipment (computer, phone,
EPM/EHR software systems, fax, and copier).
* Must be able to circulate throughout office(s) to direct
patients, have conversations with patients and family members:
Speak and hear clearly.
* Must be able to get to various offices.
* Job requires both extended times sitting or standing in front of
a computer. In addition, there is regular up/down from chair to
walk throughout offices. Majority of the time is spent sitting.
* Minimal lifting requirements of office equipment and supplies (up
to 30 pounds).
*PER CALIFORNIA STATE LAW, ALL HEALTH CARE POSITIONS REQUIRE
COVID-19 VACCINATION AND BOOSTER IF BOOSTER ELIGIBLE*
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $21.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Free flu shots
* Free parking
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Opportunities for advancement
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Private practice
* 8 hour shift
All staff and patients required to mask at all times when in shared
spaces. COVID vaccination required for all staff per California
* Have you been vaccinated against COVID 19 and, if eligible,
* In one paragraph tell us why you would be the best candidate for
* Associate (Preferred)
* Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
* Medical Scheduling: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Eye Care Institute, Santa Rosa , Call Center Operator, Other , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!