Company: The Sea Ranch Lodge
Location: The Sea Ranch
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Job SummaryAs a Server, you will create memorable guest
experiences by making great food and beverage recommendations and
serving delicious items. You will be a member of a cohesive team
that supports each others success in a fast-paced environmentand
serve to guests in an efficient and professional manner.The
position is classified as Full-Time and, upon completion of the
Introductory Period, the employee is eligible for the Employee
Benefits outlined in the Employee Handbook. Notwithstanding the
foregoing, the Company reserves the right to amend, change or
discontinue the policies, practices and benefits described in the
handbook at any time and without notice.Responsibilities
- To understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a
timely and professional manner, deferring to the Manager, when
necessary, to ensure customer satisfaction.
- To extend a courteous, friendly, and professional greeting to
guests as they arrive, and to thank them as they depart.
- To greet guests at table and present specials of the day
- To adhere to service sequence standards (greeting within one
minute, first round within 3 minutes, upon returning from first
round inquire as to questions regarding the menu)
- To maintain tables throughout service, ensuring that table is
- To run food as needed.
- To communicate with the bussers in a courteous and productive
manner to insure exceptional guest service.
- To follow all specified procedures to provide prompt, efficient
and friendly customer service to restaurant guests, including
suggestive selling of menu items and wine list; taking and serving
food and beverage orders; and opening, closing, and presenting
- To make the Manager aware of all guest comments and
- To satisfactorily perform, as directed, all routine opening and
closing side duties including folding napkins, marking trays,
preparing roll-ups, stocking supplies and pre-set up of station to
facilitate food service.
- To assist to remove used dishes from guest tables.
- To maintain the proper care and cleanliness of tableware and
serving equipment, handling both to minimize breakage.
- To follow all specified procedures to correctly handle all
cash, credit and gift certificate transactions, and to correctly
use the Toast computer system.
- To represent and market The Sea Ranch Lodge in a positive and
professional manner as requested and continually promote The Sea
Ranch Lodge internally and externally by attending special events
when requested and building relationships both on and off
- To promote and comply with all policies and procedures of The
Sea Ranch Lodge.
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous
conditions and avoid injury.
- To always maintain the cleanliness and safety of work areas and
- To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
- To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- English fluency required.
- Must have minimum one year experience in food service and
display basic knowledge of foods and beverages, service standards
- Familiar with California liquor laws.
- Hotel experience preferred.Skills and Aptitudes
- Detail oriented.
- Organized and efficient.
- Learns quickly.
- High quality standards for production and service.
- Diplomatic and calm.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Courteous, friendly and professional manner.
- Good team player.
- Customer service focus.
- Able to work productively with little supervision.The Sea Ranch
Lodge is set on 53 acres of coastal California landscape within The
Sea Ranch community and has long been a gathering place for Sea
Ranch residents and nearby neighbors. It is also an end point of
the Bluff Trail, a public beach trail that stretches the length of
The Sea Ranch, connecting to Gualala Regional Park. Beyond the
Lodge spans acres of meadows, flora and fauna, a barn dating back
to the 1870s, and access to Black Point Beach.We are an equal
opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without
regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: The Sea Ranch Lodge, Santa Rosa , Server, Other , The Sea Ranch, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!