Company: Viavi Solutions
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: January 15, 2022
VIAVI (NASDAQ: VIAV) has a 90 year history of technical
innovations that have evolved to keep pace and address our
customer's most pressing business issues. We make equipment,
software, and systems that help to plan, deploy, certify, monitor,
and optimize all kinds of networks - like those for mobile phones,
service providers, large businesses and data centers. VIAVI is also
a leader in high performance thin film optical coatings and
engineered diffusers, providing light management solutions to
anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, automotive, defense and
We are the people behind the products that help keep the world
connected - at home, school, work, at play, and everywhere in
between. VIAVI employees are fierce about supporting customer
success and we welcome people who bring their best every day to the
company - to question, to collaborate and to push for solutions
that will delight our customers.
This is a fabricator position with a primary function of direct
factory support. Duties include: providing support as needed with
the repair of downed equipment; the machining and squaring of parts
for welding; fabrication of sheet metal pans and boxes; make
tooling and fixtures; drill and tap various metals; fabrication and
modification of one off parts for internal customers; and assisting
engineering with equipment modifications and installations.
* Minimum 5 years general metal fabrication experience
* Able to weld: Tig & Mig steel, stainless steel, and aluminum
* Sheetmetal fabrication experience including using a brake and
* Able to solder (hard and soft) with Oxy-Acetylene torch.
* Able to use shop equipment including manual mills and lathes
* Demonstrated ability to work independently, follow instructions,
and a strong attention to detail
* Assist engineers in identifying and implementing improvements to
* Be computer literate with knowledge of Windows operating
* Experience with any CAD software a plus
* Safety conscious, able to work safely in the shop and on the
factory floor with complex machines
* Efficient, clean, and organized worker
* Quality conscious and able to inspect own work
* Have strong problem-solving skills work independently as well as
* Able to lift 50 pounds
To comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 and the guidance from
the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force, VIAVI Solutions Inc.
requires all employees in the U.S. and anyone entering our U.S.
facilities to be fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022. As specified
in the order, U.S. Employees may request an accommodation due to an
established medical condition or religious belief that prevents you
from receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
If you have what it takes to push boundaries and seize
opportunities, apply to join our team today.
VIAVI Solutions is an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with
Keywords: Viavi Solutions, Santa Rosa , Fabricator, Other , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!