Meter Maintenance Person (IBEW)- Various Locations
Company: PG&E Corporation
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Requisition ID# 122360Job Category : Maintenance / Construction
/ OperationsJob Level : Individual ContributorBusiness Unit:
Electric Operations Department OverviewThe men and women of
Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable
electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is
responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution
and transmission operations, including planning, engineering,
maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning,
restoration and emergency response.Position SummaryThis is an
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1245
representedclassification, which has over 100 years of experience
representing employees at PG&E. This job issubject to
collective bargaining. The Meter Maintenance Person position is a
physical job that interactswith and performs quality services on
behalf of PG&Es customers. Over the course of a six
monthtraining period, they will learn how to install, program,
exchange and troubleshoot residential electricmeters and gas
communication modules related to billing measurement.This position
may be a DOT (Department of Transportation) covered classification
and is subject to random drug and/or alcohol screening.This
position will be used to fill vacancies in the North Coast, Bay,
Peninsularegion, and headquarter locations may vary throughout
service territory. This position may be headquartered in San
Jose,San Rafael, Santa Rosaand other locations based on business
- Install, maintain, read, program, upgrade, replace/change gas
meter communication modules and single phase electric meters on
- Operate basic network and metering software, hardware and
- Identify broken seals, diversion, meter tampering, vandalism,
lost meters and other instances of
- energy theft
- Use hands in a dexterous manner to manipulate various tools and
perform repairs as needed
- Turn off and Shut-Off Non-Pay (SONP) residential gas and
electric single phase self-contained meters; electric turn on and
Restore Lock Non-Pay (RLNP).
- Maintain a high standard of employee and public safety, public
relations, and personal appearance.
- Collects data and verifies meter/module information.
- Conducts Connect/Disconnect switch resets and turns meter and
module radios on and off.
- Identifies broken seals, diversion, meter tampering, vandalism,
lost meters and other instances of energy theft.
- Installs, maintains, reads, programs or re-programs, upgrades
and replaces or changes gas modules and single phase self-contained
electric meters maximum 240-volt, 200-amp, socket meters without
bypass, and replace batteries in single phase electric meters.
- Traces-out electric meters (using circuit breakers only).
- Assists others in Metering work, performs necessary paperwork
and shop duties.
- Verifies meter connectivity to the testing device and only
verifies meter communication with other devices on the network by
using a limited FSU with just those commands necessary to perform
the duties on the population of meters the Meter Maintenance Person
- DOT-Operations/Maintenance AND EmergencyQualificationsMinimum:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent work
- Must possess a valid California Drivers License
- Ability to work in all types of weather extremes
- Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions
- Ability to work flexible schedules, extended hours, nights,
weekends, and/or overtime (scheduled or ad hoc)Desired:
- 1+ year experience as a Hiring Hall T300 Installer
- 1+ year experience as a Hiring Hall Meter Reader
- Demonstrated experience with hand tools (e.g. wrenches, drills,
cordless drill/screwdrivers and pliers)
- Technical Certification, Associates or Bachelors degree in
Electronics or Electrical SystemsPre-Employment TestingPG&E
Employees:You must have qualified on all prerequisite tests prior
to submitting an application; and all secondary tests prior to
interviewing. For more information on prerequisite and secondary
exams, including study guides, please visit thewebsite.
- Industrial Skills Test
- Physical Test Battery
Keywords: PG&E Corporation, Santa Rosa , Meter Maintenance Person (IBEW)- Various Locations, Other , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!