Sales Consultant - Customer Service
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: July 20, 2021
6077 - Santa Rosa - 2783 Corby Avenue, Santa Rosa, California,
CarMax, the way your career should
Under limited supervision of the Business Office Manager, the
Customer Specialist- Alternative Delivery provides exceptional
customer service in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment through
the completion of sales transactions, while working in multiple
environments including both indoors, outdoors, and offsite (“home”)
delivery of vehicles. The Customer Specialist- Alternative Delivery
will also focus on the facilitation of paperwork and post-sale
processing. The Customer Specialist-Alternative Delivery will also
perform vehicle condition verifications and prepare the vehicles
What you will do — Essential responsibilities
- Facilitate the completion of Home Delivery sales
- Present and/or confirm MaxCare and finance decisions
- Follow and execute strategies to achieve store’s sales
- Maintain a working knowledge of available financing
options, titles and extended service policies.
- Interact with customers, other associates and team
members to provide outstanding internal and external customer
- Provide customer service to customers by complying with
CarMax procedures, including, but not limited to: processing
Home Deliveries, listening to and answering customer questions and
explaining paperwork process.
- Perform various Business Office tasks, including, but not
limited to: Completing Express Pickups, delivering Sales paperwork,
completing Appraisal Purchases, processing paperwork associated
with the state DMV, processing titles and processing auction
- Perform various administrative and clerical duties,
including, but not limited to: Document copying, filing,
payment management, reconciliation of missing dealer plates or
information and data entry into Microsoft Excel and proprietary
systems as required for logging vehicle registration tags.
- Drive vehicles to and from various locations as requested
- Adhere to all CarMax policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the Customer Specialist- Alternative Delivery
- Process paperwork associated with retail vehicle
- Manage multiple payment types including receiving and
counting money, distributing funds, preparing deposits and handling
of the safe with considerations to security and asset
- Conduct vehicle condition verification and convey results
to Buyer or Senior Buyer for analysis
- Present appraisal offers to customers
- Perform cosmetic inspections and ensure that all vehicles
meet CarMax Final Quality Standards.
- Prepare vehicles for delivery to customers.
Qualifications and requirements
- Must possess a valid driver's license that meets the CarMax
Driver Safety Points Evaluation System criteria, as explained in
the CarMax Driver Safety Policy.
- Successful completion of all assessments.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills and attention to
- Demonstrate active listening skills.
- Meet or exceed CarMax guidelines for customer
- Perform multiple duties in a high energy, fast-paced working
- Use miscellaneous computer programs, demonstrating intermediate
- Read, interpret, and transcribe data in order to maintain
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 25 lbs.
- Complete all formats of job related training.
- Flexible to work in an indoor/outdoor environment, ability to
walk or stand for long periods of time and be able to work in any
inclement weather for several hours.
- Flexibility to work at multiple locations and deliver vehicles
- Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights,
weekends, and holidays.
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including, but not limited to,
Attendance, Proper Recording of Time, Asset Protection, EH&S
(Environmental, Health & Safety), and Standards of Professional
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the
honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want
and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are
bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest
retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work
together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the
way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve
their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized
for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of
the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified
candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, or any other characteristic protected by
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider
reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job
Keywords: CarMax, Santa Rosa , Sales Consultant - Customer Service, Other , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!