1) Identifies, isolates and repairs various types of trouble
using a variety of tests. Coordinates trouble clearing with the
appropriate personnel, work groups or outside companies.
2) Locates trouble by inspecting and testing troubles and
analyzing test data. May be required to use sophisticated
electronic test equipment to isolate trouble
3) Clears trouble by cleaning, adjusting or replacing equipment;
repairs faulty wiring as needed.
4) Uses high precision measuring devices and meters that may
weigh up to 60 lbs.
5) May perform corrective/maintenance and review computer
printouts for problems to troubleshoot operational and date
6) Monitors data associated transmission equipment copper
facilities for network performance.
7) Keeps detailed record of nature of work and action taken.
8) Provision inter-office facilities.
9) Could be sent to work in offices other than regular assigned
office which may require driving Company vehicle between
10) Installs, rearranges, removes equipment.
11) Inputs and verifies routing translations and charging
translations for switches (1A, DMS100/200, 5ESS, 4ESS, SS7)
12) Inputs and verifies complex customer translations for
services such as Centrex, DID trunks, Super Trunks, Switch 56, PRI
as indicated by service order.
13) Accesses available technical references such as Standard
Practice schematic drawing and circuit descriptions and interprets
circuit layout records, transmissions designs, equipment drawings,
14) Coordinates plug-ins, including unpacking, tracking,
shipping and storage.
15) May track T-Carrier/Hi-Cap Systems/Pair Gain troubles and
associated reports for trends and results.
16) May install and maintain Hi-Cap service with short time
frames. Inter Office Facilities, T-Carrier and Fiber Optic
17) Maintains Network Terminal Equipment (NTE) and performs
maintenance and provisioning associated with NTE for message
trunks and special services circuits.
18) May test, maintain or repair transmission equipment such as
carrier (Channel Bank), Digital Access Cross-Connect System (DACS),
Metallic Facility Terminal (MTF), terminal and signaling equipment,
bridges, equalizers and
19) Processes Special Service Orders (SSO's), Trunk Facility
Orders (TFO's) and WORD documents.
20) May work with analog and digital power equipment.
21) Works with several mechanized systems and switch types, each
requiring different transactions and input formats.
22) Enters recent change information manually or through a
mechanized system into the switch.
23) Interfaces with various support systems through a single
systems access, windowing computer system (i.e., COSMOS, TIRKS,
AMOS, SORD, APTOS, MARCH) as well as participates in coordination
meetings to ensure customer request is met.
24) May handle a high volume of various activity and will be
expected to meet due dates and commitment to customer.
25) Uses various computer systems for data entry collections,
analysis and verification of assignments.
26) Clarifies and resolves any issues resulting from incomplete
or inaccurate service requests or customer service affecting
discrepancies. Determines what action to take to resolve the
discrepancy by verifying various computer systems and the switch.
May initiate or receive request from contacts.
27) Participates meeting group/department objectives.
28) Coordinate the input of certain service orders into the
switch by responding to requests from various work groups.
29) Ability to perceive differences in wire and cable
Term employees are those engaged for a specific project or
limited period with the definite understanding that their
employment is to terminate upon completion of the project or at the
end of the period. Employment is expected to continue for more than
one (1) year, but no more than three (3) years
Job ID 2057504
Date posted 05/16/2021