Home Health Aide-BAH
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Overview: Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Benefit plan package
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Associate Compassion Fund
- Associate Discounts
- Identity theft protection
- Pet savings and insurance plans
- Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Brookdale at Home
Agency Leader provides direct care to client, which reflects
Brookdale's philosophy and standards of non-skilled home care.
Assists in meeting the client's individual needs while treating the
clients with respect and dignity.
- Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
- Paid Time Off
- Adoption Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
- Voluntary STD and LTD
- Assists clients with the activities of daily living, including
bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring, and getting
to and from activities and meals according to the client plan of
- Assists clients with homemaker companion tasks such as laundry,
shopping, light housekeeping, meals, according to the plan of
- Follows assignment tasks. Contacts supervisor if client desires
deviation from assigned tasks.
- Allows and encourages client to do as much of their own care as
possible, to remain active.
- Documents the delivery of quality care in the client's clinical
- Follows infection control and safety policies and
- Implements client care that is accurate, timely and
appropriately documented; maintains confidentiality at all
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly environment for the
- Responds promptly and positively to client requests for
- Maintains consistent and concise lines of authority and
responsibility with effective communication that promotes a
positive working relationship with client, families, and
- Identifies changes in client status or needs and communicates
to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Participates in educational programs and maintains compliance
with required training.
- Communicates with supervisor at least 2 hours prior to
assignment if unable to come to work. Supervisor communicates with
- Maintains means to travel to client's home to arrive on time
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); and minimum
of one to three months related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous
experience in a health care setting is preferred, but not
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special
In accordance with state law, may need to possess current state
certifications and follow regulations to maintain current
certification. Reliable transportation and proof of valid
automobile liability insurance. Must have a valid driver's
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines
with limited independent judgment. Problems are generally solved
with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal
instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few
repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the
organization in order to answer basic questions. Ability to read
and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and
memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to
communicate effectively in English with patients, family members
and other associates of the company. Ability to apply common sense
understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and/or
oral form. Uses good judgment in emergency situations, and seeks
assistance when needed.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Santa Rosa , Home Health Aide-BAH, Other , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!