Freight Handler (Part Time)
Company: YRC Worldwide
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: June 11, 2021
The primary function of a Dockworker is to efficiently sort,
handle, load and unload freight into over-the-road equipment, in
accordance with oral and written instructions, as well as federal
and state regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Load and unload cargo, with or without supplemental aids.
- The work may include tasks such as rolling 600 pound drums into
place and overhead loading of freight weighing as much as 80
- Uses good judgment to load and secure freight in such a way
that the trailer can be operated safely and efficiently over the
road to prevent damages.
- Properly and efficiently completes all necessary paperwork
required by law, regulation or Company policy.
- Verifies the load against the shipping papers, noting in
writing any overages, shortages or damages.
- Comprehends and complies with hazardous materials regulations
and emergency responses.
- Communicates with supervision regularly to report
- Sweeps or cleans up dock and equipment.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers
- Must accurately and efficiently perform mathematical
calculations necessary to do the work.
- Has a satisfactory past work and history record that shows no
indication that applicant cannot reasonable fulfill duties of the
- Ability to push/pull/lift up to 75 pounds frequently, greater
than 100 pounds occasionally.
- Is able to work on non-forgiving surfaces and/or in adverse
weather conditions at times.
- Is able to operate a fork lift and other freight handling
equipment when required.
- Can perform the work required in a timely manner and maintain
adequate production in order to meet service schedules.
- Minimum of 6 months experience operating a forklift
YRC Worldwide, along with all subsidiary companies, are an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Keywords: YRC Worldwide, Santa Rosa , Freight Handler (Part Time), Other , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!