Sales Rep Merchandiser - Santa Rosa (FullBook)
Company: Youngs Market Co
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: June 10, 2021
If you are a current employee, please STOP and apply through the
Careers Application in Workday
Job Description Summary:
Sales Rep Merchandisers will be responsible for maximizing the
sale of supplier brands to the retail chain customers.
This position will also be responsible for performing effective
account management, selling and communicating resulting in the
achievement of company and supplier programs and objectives.
- Plan time and activities to ensure achievement of company and
supplier established goals and sales objectives within assigned
- Develop monthly, weekly and daily written plans for
- Establish and follow an efficient and economical routing
pattern that ensures assigned accounts are serviced and
merchandised as needed.
- Follow the established guidelines for a complete sales
- Be responsible for all aspects of servicing and merchandising
within assigned accounts.
- Develop an effective partnership with accounts.
- Build positive relationships and an effective partnership with
the ultimate decision maker in all assigned accounts.
- Gain knowledge of the specific customer's business operations
and coordinating multiple and diverse options for selling the
company's products to each.
- Have extensive knowledge of the brands and knowing in-depth
features and benefits of each compared to the competition.
- Ensure 100% distribution of all authorized SKU's in cold box
and on shelf in all assigned accounts.
- Ensure feature price promotions and display merchandising
support from the assigned territory chain account buyers.
- Communicate issues, opportunities and market intelligence with
appropriate management through written, electronic and verbal
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate territory and account
- Submit prompt and accurate reports.
- Follow company policies and procedures.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: A Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from
an accredited four-year college or university in related field or
- 2 to 3 years of sales experience in the beverage alcohol
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: The role requires the ability to read and
interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals. This position requires the
ability to write routine reports and correspondence. The role also
requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of
customers or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to
calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest,
commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to solve
practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists. This role
also requires the ability to interpret a variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess valid
driver's license, reliable vehicle and clean DMV record.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Proven abilities to develop selling strategies targeted to
enhance wine and spirit sales.
- Ability to work with management, colleagues, and customers
throughout the business and industry at every level.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Sales Tasks & Activities: Knowledge of processes, tools,
techniques and theory behind selling the organization's products or
- Knowledge of Customers & Sales Channels: Knowledge of specific
customer's business operations and ability to coordinate multiple
and diverse options for selling the organization's products and
services to each. Knowledge of and ability to utilize customer
profile and information.
- Knowledge of Product Line: Knowledge of specific products and
associated development process and strategy.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS - (These are required to perform the key
responsibilities of the job with or without accommodations)
- Lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly
- Walk, stand, climb, balance, reach with hands and arms, stoop,
kneel, crouch or crawl on a daily basis
- Drive a reliable vehicle from account to account
- Must possess a valid state driver's license.
- Must have a clean Motor Vehicle Record
- This job requires the use of your personal vehicle of which you
will be reimbursed for business related driving expenses.
- This job requires a person to be 21 years of age or older.
Enjoy a career with us!
Keywords: Youngs Market Co, Santa Rosa , Sales Rep Merchandiser - Santa Rosa (FullBook), Other , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!