Company: American Advanced Management, Inc
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Our mission is to provide all of our patients with the highest
quality long term acute care and transitional care given in the
state of California. We are committed to upholding a culture of
shared values that provide dignity, growth, and value to our
patients, employees and physicians.
We believe our hospital will provide a variety of quality
services that will not only be an asset to the community but a
distinct benefit to the surrounding acute hospitals.
It is our vision to become world recognized for our outstanding
specialty and long term acute services accomplished through
quality, innovation and leadership.
The Long Term Acute Care (LTCH) Division of Sonoma Specialty
Hospital is designed to provide care of medically complex patients
who have experienced catastrophic illness and/or multi-system
failure and are in need of intense rehabilitation services and an
extended stay in an acute care setting. These patients usually come
directly from a Short Term Acute Care Hospital (STCH) and are in
need of vent weaning and acute rehabilitation services for a longer
period of time to recover and return to their optimal level of
health. The average length of stay (ALOS) of these patients is a
range of 25-35 days which is a longer than average stay at a Short
Term Acute Care Hospital. Care for these types of patients is
provided by RNs, Respiratory Therapists, Wound Care Nurses,
Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Speech
Therapists. Also a collaborative team of specialty physicians,
psychologists, dieticians, and social workers will focus on an
individualized goal for each patient to recover and reach their
independence and optimum level of health.is a missing piece in the
continuum of care within the health care system.
Operates radiologic and fluoroscopy equipment to produce
radiographs of body for diagnostic purposes, as directed by a
Radiologist and or Medical Director.The radiologic technologist
uses diagnostic imaging equipment to help physicians diagnose
illnesses and injuries.
- Current state of California ARRT license
- Display superior interpersonal skills for effective
communication with patient and peers.
- Possess superior knowledge of x-ray procedures and
- Maintain confidentiality of all hospital and patient
information at all times, as required by facility policy and HIPAA
- Fluoroscopy license must be obtained within six months of hire
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet, accept and prepare the patient for x-ray and fluoroscopy
- Assess and document patient's condition to determine proper
handling and special requirements.
- Check requisition for physician notes and/or special
- Instruct and assist patients in assuming physical position for
- Provide x-ray and fluoroscopy services in a timely manner while
performing high quality procedures.
- Adhere to procedure protocols as established by the Medical
- Enforce radiation safety procedures to provide a safe
environment for patients and staff.
- Maintain x-ray and fluoroscopy equipment/rooms in proper
working condition. Report malfunctions and necessary repairs to
- Keeps autoclave in working order and sterilizes
- Keeps all crash carts up to date.
- Orders and keeps inventory of all medical supplies.
- Performs other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- Identifies patient service requirements by establishing
personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other
persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensure operation of radiology equipment by completing
preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's
instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs;
maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to
determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing
and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional
requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing
adherence to requirements; advising management on needed
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing
explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning
patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into
specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure
- Minimize radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation
protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient
shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to
infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols
in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media,
administering first aid, and using the emergency cart.
- Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following
established standards and procedures; developing radiographs;
observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and
Keywords: American Advanced Management, Inc, Santa Rosa , Radiology Technologist, Other , Sebastopol, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!