Senior Material Coordinator
Company: General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems
Posted on: June 9, 2021
The Senior Material Coordinator will verify and maintain records
on incoming and outgoing shipments. Additionally they will prepare
items for shipment. Duties include assembling, addressing,
stamping, and shipping merchandise or material; receiving,
unpacking, verifying and recording incoming merchandise or
material; and arranging for the transportation of products. This
role is also responsible for inventory control and kitting, parts
transactions, and cycle counting.
General Dynamics Ordnance & Tactical Systems engineers a diverse
portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that
enable customers to successfully execute missions across all
domains of operation. We partner with the best in industry to
expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific
arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value
trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly
competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to
work with a shared sense of purpose. If who we are and what we do
resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance
Major Position Responsibilities
- Examine contents of incoming shipments and compare with
records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy
of incoming or outgoing shipments.
- Perform physical and systematic transactions required to manage
and track materials and inventory. Record shipment data, such as
weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies for
reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping purposes.
- Confer or correspond with establishment representatives to
rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to
- Deliver or route materials to departments, using work devices,
such as hand truck, conveyor, and pallet jack or sorting bins.
- Perform warehouse management transactions that support and
control inventory put away, picking, distribution and cycle
- Prepare and package materials and products for outbound
- Determine shipping method for materials and products, using
knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates. Generate and
adhere shipping labels and required documentation.
- Contact carrier representatives to make arrangements or to
issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Deliver material between facilities using the company van,
assuring proper packaging and material transactions.
- Support and coordinate efforts to continuously improve in key
operational metrics and the achievement of the organizational
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years of related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Direction and Comprehension skills
- Use of basic MSOffice and data entry systems
- MRP System terminology
- Attention to detail, including counting accuracy
Keywords: General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems, Santa Rosa , Senior Material Coordinator, Other , Healdsburg, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!