Repair and maintain winery equipment under the direction of the
Facilities Manager. Safe and efficient operation of tools, and a
careful and organized approach to completing job assignments. Must
show initiative and be able to work with minimal supervision.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to
enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
All employees shall follow safe practices according to the
injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP), render every possible
aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe conditions or
practices immediately to any manager, employee or People
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Purchase equipment parts by completing the necessary paperwork
(e.g., purchase orders, requisitions, receivers, vouchers,
- Keep accurate records detailing maintenance, service, and
repair history on all equipment.
- Understand and comply with all safety regulations and
procedures; assist in making sure that the facility and equipment
are safe for employees and visitors.
- Work in all areas of the facility
- Read, understand, and follow machine blueprints.
- Installation of capital projects
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic
wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand
tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components,
using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a
breakdown and correct the problem.
- Electrical installation/repair of high voltage, low voltage,
control, and VFD / PLC programming.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in
electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices
such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure
compatibility and safety of system.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair the following types of
- Valves (manual and actuated)
- Bottling Equipment
- Packaging Equipment
- Conveying systems
- Harvest equipment (Presses, Crushers, Conveyors)
- Restaurant equipment
Miscellaneous Job functions: (10%)
- Drag, lift, carry, and use water hoses to clean floors.
- Use broom to sweep debris from floor.
- Drive company vehicle to pick-up and deliver parts and/or
- Drive Forklift to move supplies and equipment
- Document all maintenance operations on work orders, Bills of
Lading, PM logs, etc
- Work within your area of expertise, knowing when to ask for
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best
solution and solve problems.
- Servicing, repairing, calibrating, regulating, fine-tuning, or
testing machines, devices, and equipment that operate primarily on
the basis of electrical or electronic (not mechanical)
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information
to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Maintain equipment and tools that you use to insure proper
working order at all time (PM's).
- Do cleanup in assigned areas and in areas where currently
- Supply necessary hand tools.
Education/Experience: High School graduate. Two to four years of
maintenance experience. Machine blueprint reading and repair, as
well as electrical blueprint/schematics, reading.
Skills: Able to perform quality work efficiently with minimal
supervision. Detail-oriented and accurate, with ability to handle
multiple tasks and priorities. Supervision and people management
Knowledge: Proper use of safety equipment and safety procedures.
Basic math skills. Able to read, understand and follow written and
verbal English instructions.
Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the
construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures
Physical: Able to lift, pull, and push up to 100 lbs. Carry up
to 50lbs. with frequent stooping and bending. Able to travel by
car. Must be able to work flexible hours, including overtime and
sometimes up to seven days/week during the harvest season. Able to
stand, walk, stoop, bend, and/or kneel for a minimum of eight hours
per day in two hour intervals. Able to climb stairs to work
platforms twelve feet or more in height. Able to crawl inside
tanks. Able to work outdoors in variable weather conditions.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of
the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66%
of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66%
of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-F , Walk-F, Sit-O, Handling/Fingering-F, Reaching
Outward-O, Reaching Above Shoulder-O
Climb-O, Crawl-N , Squat or Kneel-O, Bend-O , Working at the
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (steel toe boots,
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
About The Family Coppola
The Family Coppola encompasses all of the things Francis loves
most-cinema, wine, food, resorts and adventure-and embraces
quality, authenticity and pleasure as a backbone to each of these
vibrant business endeavors.
Our people are driven by the cultural values of respect,
integrity, innovation, passion, teamwork, and embracing change. Our
employees love working here for our sense of "family" community.
We've been recognized as one of The Best Places to Work in the
North Bay multiple years in a row.