Supply Chain Analyst
Company: Pernod Ricard USA
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The Supply Chain Analyst is responsible for all supply chain
activities that enable the bottling of PRW USA wines & spirits from
conception to distribution and encompass: new product development
(NPD), database set up, scheduling, raising purchase orders for
packaging items, and export and distribution coordination.
The Supply chain Analyst is responsible for making decisions
that save costs and maximizes efficiency in four areas:
- Purchasing materials: determines the optimal quantity in which
to purchase packaging materials that achieves most competitive
volume pricing, reducing freight cost, and avoiding material
obsolesce. The role makes a direct impact on a yearly PRW USA
packaging materials spend of $10M.
- Scheduling: determines which sequence of products achieves the
highest labor and equipment efficiency for the bottling team and
the winemaking teams while best utilizing bulk wine volumes and
packaging materials. The role makes an impact on the production
efficiency of 800,000 9LE cs of yearly volume.
- Procurement: as the person closest to the supplier on a daily
basis, the supply chain analyst will be able develop quoting (RFQ)
models and bidding templates that will enable the business to
narrow and analyse offers where value is most needed: ordering
cost, cost to warehouse, Freight, service, quality and risk.
- Value engineering: as a central player between the packaging
team, the marketing teams and suppliers, the supply chain analyst
will be in the best position to define value engineering
initiatives and drive them to execution.
This role requires a person with an analytical mindset, a can-do
attitude, who is flexible and agile, that works independently, is
organized and has an aptitude for developing processes, that should
be able to thrive in a start-up environment with an entrepreneurial
The role is ideal for someone looking to make a career in the
supply chain field in the wines and spirits industry, consumer
goods industry or retail.
Product Set-Up 10%
- Create and maintain all new items in JD Edwards E1 Oracle
Database, Product Cloud and coordinate for cost roll. This includes
wines, individual packaging items and finished goods bill of
- Create and maintain item specifications, drawings and
- Create and maintain finished goods specification sheets for
Production Planning 50%
- Using the E1 ERP and in-house built MPR excel based tool to
analyse materials demand and determine optimal quantity to order,
raise purchase orders for dry goods focusing on cost, efficiency of
order volumes and minimizing wastage and obsolescence.
- Discuss purchase orders with suppliers making sure they have
the accurate pricing and will be delivered on requested date.
- Create and optimize production schedule to meet market demand
while increasing bottling and cellar efficiency.
- Lead Production Planning meeting to communicate the plan and
engage stakeholders to carry it out.
- Liaise with accounts payable for accurate and timely payment of
- Support Packaging Operations with the execution of cycle counts
and year end physical inventory activities
- Investigate and correct discrepancies found between physical
inventory counts and system accounting records
- Lead the quarterly write off process of packaging items.
- Produce bottling and dry goods consumption forecast to aid the
finance team prepare budgets.
- Prepare monthly supply chain KPIs to determine forecast
accuracy, slow moving inventory, plan adherence, cost per case,
months of cover among others.
- Hold monthly Direct to consumer production planning meeting to
asses product needs of the wine club.
- Hold bi-weekly call with PRUSA to discuss market demand and
export incoming orders.
- Routinely meet with suppliers to discuss and align about work
in progress, open orders, inventory, performance and quality
- Routinely meet with suppliers to discuss new product
developments, request quotes for new items.
- Liaise with PR affiliates to leverage procurement synergies,
participate in regional & global tenders, and share best
- Request for quotes (RFQs): initiate, create, and coordinate the
issuing of RFQ's with focus on developing requirements forecast and
delivery plans that align with bottling needs.
- Bluesourse (responsible and sustainable procurement program).
Coordinate suppliers and internal stakeholders to achieve
Bluesourse compliance and quarterly KPI reporting.
- Prepare quarterly procurement report.
- Liaise with accounts payable for accurate and timely payment of
- Ensure compliance with all applicable standards including
Pernod Ricard governing principles, ISO compliance, and CSR
New Product Development + Value Engineering 10%
- Initiate and maintain new product development process
documents, timelines and PowerPoint presentations to track and
document the progress of new products.
- Initiate and maintain value engineering process documents,
timelines and PowerPoint presentation to track and document the
progress of new initiatives.
- Hold monthly NPD meeting for the two wine brands to update and
coordinate new products.
- Coordinate exports: add export orders and re pack orders to
production plan, track progress and make sure they are shipped on
- Prepare and coordinate export compliance documents for a
Support Supply Chain Manager with reporting of:
- Annual forecasts of dry good volume requirements
- Dry good inventory status and location
- Finished dry goods inventory status and location
- Supply chain KPIs such as: Stock cover, forecast accuracy,
scrap, obsolescence, labor efficiency, DIFOT, and SLOBs.
Skills / Qualifications / Experience:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering,
Mathematics, Statistics, Supply Chain or related field.
- Medium to advanced aptitude/proficiency in Microsoft Excel with
capacity to build models.
- Proficient in Word, Power Point and Access.
- Proficiency in JD Edwards ERP.
- 3-5 years' experience in production/ materials planning
- Experience of working in a similar planning or analytical
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills;
able to self-manage priorities, workflow and meet tight
- Ability to take initiative to solve problems and create
reporting from an infancy stage
- Team player with ability to negotiate with intra/inter
organizational cross-functional teams
- Exhibit versatility, flexibility and willingness to work with
changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence and high standards
- Preferred Background: FMCG/CPG/Retail
- Business experience in wine industry
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, Microsoft Access, Power
- Experience with creation of queries, reports and data
extraction from ERP systems - JDE preferred.
- Knowledge of State & Federal compliance regulation as it
relates to label requirements and registration
- Supply chain and procurement training.
- Foreign language skills a plus (Spanish preferred)
- Work is performed in a flexible space, there will be no
pre-determined dedicated sitting space. Employees work out of "Hot
- Some out of hours work may be required;
- Intra/Interstate travel as required;
- Current driver's license.
- Work is performed in a typical field environment with moderate
demands for movement and lifting.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date:
Keywords: Pernod Ricard USA, Santa Rosa , Supply Chain Analyst, Other , Kenwood, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!