We are looking for a Nurse Educator for the Administration-Area
Department at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a
text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly hours
Shift: 8 hour, Days, Occassional Evenings
A professional registered nurse responsible for the assessment
of educational needs, clinical practice and the implementation of
an organized educational program supporting the needs of bedside
caregivers. Creates and implements educational programs which
incorporate evaluation and growth of clinical competence,
partnership with leaders to provide continuing development and
mentorship for new and tenured caregivers. Uses the nursing process
is develop, implement, and evaluate and respond to educational
needs. Serves as a resource and professional practice role model.
Demonstrates patient advocacy and nursing leadership.
- Utilizes the nursing process and evidence based practices to
develop, implement and evaluate clinical onboarding program for
- Develops educational programs for the clinical caregivers and
other selected groups, based on identified learning needs.
- Serves as a role model and resource to the clinical caregivers
in the areas of leadership and clinical practice.
- Maintains daily presence on the clinical units daily to model
and guide practice.
- Partners with clinical leadership to establish expectations for
- Facilitates student affiliations by providing orientation and
education as needed. May serve as adjunct clinical faculty with
- Provides consultation and education to selected patient
populations to facilitate health promotion.
- Participates in the development of nursing care standards to
assure the quality and appropriateness of care.
- Evaluation of clinical caregivers related to best practice
policy, evidence-based practice and patient outcomes.
- Contributes to annual competency evaluation of designated
- Participates in research and integrates research findings into
practice to further the advancement of the nursing profession and
promote positive patient care outcomes.
- Keeps abreast of current nursing practices and methodologies
for the delivery of patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of care for required age-specific
populations necessary to carry out safe and effective performance
- Demonstrated knowledge of the teaching/learning process and
principles of adult education.
- Recognize the legal aspects of nursing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with
departments, employees, physicians, and managers.
- Demonstrated written and presentation skills.
- Ability to read and understand oral and written material and
effectively communicate technical or complex information.
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines in a dynamic work
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments.
- Strong focus on enhancing the care and caregiver
- Skills in windows based software (including word processing,
database, spreadsheet and presentation programs) in order to
perform a multitude of job duties.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- 3 years of recent experience in field of education or
experience in a healthcare setting.
- Experience in medical surgical, telemetry and/or critical
License/Certification: Current licensure as a Registered Nurse
in the State of California.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Master's Degree in Nursing (or matriculation in
License/Certification: Clinical Nurse Specialist
Providence St. Joseph Health (Providence) has worked for decades
to improve health and quality of life in California's North Bay
region, starting in Sonoma County, where the Sisters of St. Joseph
of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital in 1950.
Today, we continue the mission begun by the Sisters to those we
serve through an integrated spectrum of primary, urgent, acute,
outpatient, palliative care and regional referral services. Sonoma
County facilities aligned with Providence include the 278-bed Santa
Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only Level II trauma center.
In addition, the 80-bed Petaluma Valley Hospital and 43-bed
Healdsburg Hospital are secular (non-religious) affiliates of
Providence. Our services also encompass three Urgent Care centers,
Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North County Hospice, the
Annadel Medical Group doing business as St. Joseph Health Medical
Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care Network (post-acute care
services). We act as a regional referral hub for outlying
hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral health care,
education to promote health and prevent chronic disease,
rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit programs, and
more, all fostering health and quality of life throughout the
Providence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Providence complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment
consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in
for staff vacancies.