Executive Chef - J Winery
Company: E. & J. Gallo Winery
Posted on: June 8, 2021
With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits
brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply
Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
We are currently seeking an experienced Executive Chef at one of
Sonoma's premier wineries who will inspire a culinary team and
share knowledge with front of house service. Just South of
Healdsburg in the heart of Russian River Valley, you'll find J
Vineyards and Winery, founded on plots of land selected for their
remarkable soil and ideal climate for bringing fine wines to
perfection. J Vineyards was the first-and has consistently remained
among the best-in offering a fine wine and food pairing program.
Our pairing experience includes a commitment to local ingredients
drawn from a 50-mile radius of the winery. As the center of
excellence and spokesperson for the brand, the Executive Chef will
be responsible for all culinary activity for our coastal wineries
while leading and executing the culinary vision. This is a rare and
unique opportunity for a culinary expert to lead the development of
food parings to accentuate J winery's premium and luxury varietals.
The pinnacle of the J wine and food experience is The Bubble Room.
It is a beautifully appointed space where the Executive Chef will
work in partnership with winemaking to create unique dishes to
highlight our sparkling, chardonnay and pinot noir tasting room
What You Will Do:
- Functions as the culinary COE leading the food service
operations for Gallo Coastal Wineries and Tasting Rooms.
- Direct oversight for kitchen operations for assigned winery and
tasting room; plans, develops, and tests food and wine pairings
that will accentuate the winery varietals.
- Oversees and collaborates with the Estate Chef at multiple
wineries to ensure consistent high quality food service, menu, and
customer service supporting food and wine pairs showcasing our
- Functions as a Coastal Culinary winery spokesperson to media
and VIP guests.
- Plans and executes creative development of offerings for
wineries across the Gallo organization including food and wine
- Supports the DTC culinary offerings and event such as private
luxury wine and food pairing events.
- Drives the development of menus and execution for various
luxury event operation.
- Supervises staff in all food preparation, including proper
receiving and storage of all food and food related items.
- Proactively researches, develops and implements innovative food
ideas/concepts and new or revised menu/recipe items to increase
individual restaurant's profitability.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor degree plus 6 years of food service experience
reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Associate degree
plus 8 years of food service experience reflecting increasing
levels of responsibility; OR High school diploma or State-issued
equivalency certificate, plus 10 years of food service experience
reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Superior understanding of professional classic and modern
- Knowledge of wine and food preparation, presentation and
- Experience developing menus and recipes.
- Kitchen supervisor experience.
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management or Culinary related
field, plus 8 years of food service experience reflecting
increasing levels of responsibility; OR Associate of Culinary Arts
degree or culinary trade school certification plus 10 years of food
service experience reflecting increasing levels of
- Experience developing menus based on paring food with
- Experience working directly for a winery, fine wine account, or
- Knowledge of Sonoma, Napa, Central Coast, the Great Central
Valley and their relationships to other regions/wines of the
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this
position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click
Keywords: E. & J. Gallo Winery, Santa Rosa , Executive Chef - J Winery, Other , Healdsburg, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!