Job Summary: The Assistant Manager provides leadership to the
maintenance team, overseeing and coordinating maintenance projects
on property. This individual will act as a Safety Captain, leading
by example and ensuring work is done safely and to company
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices
according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP),
render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe
conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or
Supervisors and Leads are fundamentally responsible for ensuring
safety in their own departments and to uphold the following safety
- Demonstrate a positive attitude toward safety.
- Ensure work is performed in a safe manner and all safety rules,
regulations and instructions comply.
- Report and investigate workplace injuries in a timely manner;
identifies ways to eliminate risk of re occurrence; complete
audits; conduct monthly safety meetings and trainings; maintain
compliance with hazardous materials program; inform/train new
employees on specific safety aspects and procedures with the
department and location; participate in monthly management safety
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs workers in carpentry projects rough to finish,
electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic
maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Assists workers in diagnosing malfunctions in machinery and
equipment. Refrigeration repair and operations both ammonia and
- Directs workers engaged in dismantling, assembling, and
installing industrial machinery.
- Works with Facilities Manager to establish or adjust work
procedures to meet production schedules.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
- Manage timekeeping responsibilities.
- Document employee issues and performance.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work
- Acts as Safety Captain for the department promoting safety and
enforces safety regulations.
- Maintains time and production records; approves worker time
each payroll cycle.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of
- Responsible for all department invoices and submitting to
accounting for payment.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment
performance, and quality of product.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour
requirements for completion of job assignments.
- Interprets company policies to workers.
- Interprets specifications and job orders to workers, and
Supervisory Responsibilities: Provide leadership and personal
support to work team; coach, guide, nurture and develop the right
people; "walk the talk". Drive company focus, manage culture,
encourage a strong work ethic and foster an environment of trust
and respect. Communicate and support company policies and decisions
in a positive manner. Train employees to do their job and set
standards for work performance. Recognize and address performance
strengths and challenges of staff. Handle employee issues,
concerns, and complaints in an objective and confidential
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college
or technical school; or
- 3-6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 years of supervision experience.Knowledge, Skills &
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office, Kronos Software
- Ability to maintain positive work atmosphere by communicating
effectively with clients, management, peers, and subordinates
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability manage and prioritize projects under tight time
- Highly organized, accurate and detail oriented
- Must have a valid driver's license and a driving record
acceptable to the company's insurance carrier.
- State certifications in one or all areas:
D1 - Water Distribution
T1 - Water Treatment
W1 - Wastewater Plant Operation
- Electrical/electronic certifications
- PLC programming and trouble shooting
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of
the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66%
of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66%
of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-C, Walk-C, Sit-O, Handling/Fingering-F, Reaching
Outward-F, Reaching Above Shoulder-O, Climb-O, Crawl-O, Squat or
Kneel-O, Bend-O, Working at the Computer-O
Lift/Carry Push/Pull Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less O 12 lbs or Less O Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs F 13 lbs to 25 lbs O Sense of Sound
21 lbs to 50 lbs F 26 lbs to 40 lbs F Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs O 41 lbs to 100 lbs F Ability to wear Personal
Protective Equipment (steel toe boots, safety glasses)
Over 100 lbs N Over 100 lbs F
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is
frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The
employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions;
high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or
caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The
noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
About The Family Coppola
The Family Coppola encompasses all of the things Francis loves
most-cinema, wine, food, resorts and adventure-and embraces
quality, authenticity and pleasure as a backbone to each of these
vibrant business endeavors.
Our people are driven by the cultural values of respect,
integrity, innovation, passion, teamwork, and embracing change. Our
employees love working here for our sense of "family" community.
We've been recognized as one of The Best Places to Work in the
North Bay multiple years in a row.