Registered Nurse II - Surgery Circulator Float
Company: Sutter Health
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Sutter Lakeside Hospital is located in beautiful Lake County and
overlooks Clear Lake, the largest natural lake in California. The
hospital has a Critical Access Hospital designation, with 25
inpatient beds. There are 10 outpatient beds, a 12-bed ED,
ancillary services (MRI, CT, Nuclear Med, Mammography imaging, lab,
pathology, 24/7pharmacy coverage), surgical services (orthopedics,
OB/GYN, general surgery, podiatry, ophthalmology, endoscopy),
Family Birth Center, Intensive Care Unit, Medical-Surgical Unit,
and an Outpatient Care Services Unit performing infusions, wound
care and supporting outpatient procedures. The hospital also
supports inpatient and outpatient physical, speech, occupational
and rehab therapies. Sutter Lakeside's campus includes two
hospital-based rural health clinics, a beautiful community garden
and the only Rehab Mobility Park in this part of the state. Lake
County has a population of about 66,000 and is located in a
fast-growing wine region only 2 hours northwest of Sacramento and 2
hours north of San Francisco.
The RN II provides professional nursing care for patients. Under
the general direction of the Manager, the Registered Nurse I or II
independently uses the nursing process to safely, compassionately,
therapeutically and efficiently provide individualized care for a
group of patients for which the nurse demonstrates age specific
competencies. Uses information from a variety of sources to assess,
plan, implement and evaluate the results of patient care. May
supervise the work and function for other Registered nurses, and
nursing assistants. The nurse has access to Protected Health
Information as needed to accomplish the accountabilities as
outlined in this job description. This includes access to the
patient's medical record.
- Demonstrates the ability to use all components of the nursing
process including assessment, planning, implementing and evaluating
care to meet the individual patient's needs according to their age,
culture and condition.
- Assesses patients, identifies obvious as well as subtle patient
problems and/or abnormal assessments, anticipates changes in
patient's condition and appropriately reports and resolves.
- Develops plan of care based on age specific assessment.
Involves patient, family and interdisciplinary resources to develop
and revise the plan of care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide age
appropriate care in compliance with Standards of Care and Standards
- Provides assistance to others in implementing complex care and
treatments within their age specific categories.
- Administers medications and treatments according to hospital
policy and procedure and accepted standards of age specific care
and department standards.
- Communicates effectively with patients, families and other
health care providers. Participates in multidisciplinary patient
care conferences as needed.
- Promotes a climate in which patients/families may act in their
own interest and intervenes as an advocate when they are unable to
- Reassesses and evaluates patient response to care and takes
appropriate action to assure patient's needs are being met.
- Participates with patient/family and other members of the
healthcare team in evaluation of patient outcomes.
- Substantiates patient care provided with appropriate
- Demonstrates leadership in daily activities on the unit.
- Promotes collaborative/caring relationships.
- Acts as a resource to team members.
- Supervises assigned Registered members, based on knowledge of
the person's job description and scope of practice.
- Maintains a safe work environment by adhering to hospital,
departmental policies and procedures and regulatory
- Demonstrates efficient use of time and resources and
participates in identification and implementation of cost saving
- Demonstrates commitment to hospital's mission, values and
- In collaboration with the nurse manager, participates in at
least one activity/project, to help the department/hospital improve
quality, cost effectiveness or customer/patient service.
- Uses LEAN processes as directed following standard performance
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in professional development.
- Maintains clinical competencies according to departmental
- Demonstrates a commitment for continuous learning.
- Participates in the annual performance review process by
identifying, developing and implementing goals and action plan with
- Demonstrates accountability for apprising self of hospital and
department communications and changes in practice.
- Recognizes the importance of practice trends in nursing and
participates in research or performance improvement
- Attends and participates in department Registered
- Possession of a valid California License as a Registered
Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing required, Bachelor's
The following additional certifications must be completed within
60 days of hire and maintained.
OUTPT CARE SERVICES
RN I: Entry level with less than one year of recent acute care
RN II: One (1) or more years recent acute care nursing
RN III: Voluntary designation earned using collective bargaining
- RN III Career Ladder Program
Communicates effectively in English (verbal and written).
Has effective skills in communication and interpersonal
Has the flexibility to adapt to new and changing situation.
Has the ability to think critically and set priorities.
Participates as a collaborative member of the Patient Care
Demonstrates the basic knowledge and skills necessary to provide
age-specific care to patients serviced, including knowledge of the
principles of growth and development and psychosocial
characteristics and interpreting age appropriate data for the
populations served in the department.
Demonstrates appropriate communication and patient education
skills for the patient population served.
Demonstrates basic computer skills and use of office equipment
(e.g., fax machine, scanner, etc.).
- Demonstrates competencies required by department (per initial
orientation and annual review). Working knowledge of established
safety topics (e.g., Infection Control, Electrical Safety,
Disaster) as required by department and organizational
Keywords: Sutter Health, Santa Rosa , Registered Nurse II - Surgery Circulator Float, Other , Lakeport, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!