Nursing Assistant (Certified)-Per Diem
Company: Sutter Health
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The new Sutter Santa Rosa Regional Hospital (SSRRH) is located
in the heart of Northern California's famous wine country, just 50
miles north of San Francisco and 30 minutes from the beautiful
Pacific Coast. Providing quality health care services to the
residents of Sonoma County for over 130 years, SSRRH has 118
licensed beds (84 Inpatient, 24 Outpatient & 10 Labor & Delivery)
and serves a population of more than 130,000 people. Centers of
excellence include: Interventional Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery,
Women's and Children's Services, and Level III NICU.
The Nursing Assistant (NA) works under the supervision of the RN
or LVN. The NA is responsible for competent, compassionate and
individualized hygiene and basic nursing care for a group of
patients for which the NA has demonstrated age specific
competencies (e.g., vital signs, hygiene, ADL). The incumbent has
access to Protected Health Information as needed to accomplish the
accountabilities as outlined in this job description. This includes
access to the patient's medical record.
Perform patient care procedures and evaluations for which
competency has been demonstrated.
Observes and reports, patient response to administered
medication and adverse effects.
Collects data and reports to RN in a timely manner (e.g., vital
signs, height, weight, intake and output).
Utilizes equipment and supplies appropriately and
Takes and records clinical data. Observes and reports both
physical and emotional concerns of patient to RN.
Accurately provides basic nursing care within scope of practice
(e.g., Hygiene, ADL).
Performs simple procedures (enemas, ted stockings, ace bandages,
ice packs, foley maintenance, mouth suctioning with oral suction
Collects non invasive specimens (e.g., urine, sputum).
- Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner within the plan of
- High school graduation or equivalent required. Certification as
nurse assistant required.
- Minimum of six months experience in hospital, nursing school or
long term care facility.
- CPR/BLS within 60 days of hire.
- Maintain departmental competency based requirements (CBAs) for
- Communicates effectively in English (verbal and written).
- Has effective skills in communication and interpersonal
- Has the flexibility to adapt to new and changing
- Has the ability to think critically and set priorities.
- Participates as a collaborative member of the Patient Care
- Demonstrates the basic knowledge and skills necessary to
provide age-specific care to patients served.
- Demonstrates competencies required by department (per initial
orientation and annual review). Working knowledge of established
safety topics (e.g., Infection Control, Electrical Safety,
Disaster) as required by department and organizational
Keywords: Sutter Health, Santa Rosa , Nursing Assistant (Certified)-Per Diem, Other , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!