Part Time Seasonal Tasting Room Associate - J Winery
Company: E. & J. Gallo Winery
Posted on: June 7, 2021
With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits
brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply
Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
J Vineyards and Winery is currently hiring for a Seasonal
Tasting Room Associate that works as part of a team to support
visitor center operations in a manner that achieves the established
financial goals, ensures a rich consumer experience, builds
consumer loyalty and reflects the brand essence. Principal
functions include cash register operations, product knowledge,
product presentations, sales and service.
Compensation: $20.00/hr + $1,000.00 New Hire Bonus!!!
What You Will Do:
- Prepares the tasting room for daily opening and closing.
- Promotes the sale of wine and non-wine products sold in the
visitor center; acts as informed resource for consumers regarding
winemaking, winegrowing, and wine vintages, availability of
products and brand award and accolades.
- Describes wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history;
answers visitor's questions about wines.
- Provides general tourist information.
- Handles routine purchasing transactions (includes operating
cash register and accounting of daily sales).
- Supports display and stocking of retail items and wines; and
hospitality special events; participates in inventories.
- Understands and effectively communicates the Brand
- Processes phone orders and wine shipping orders in compliance
with federal and state regulations.
- Checks identification as required by state regulation for
serving alcoholic beverages.
- Recognizes the symptoms of intoxication and informs a
- Represents the company and brand, professionally, graciously
- Required to multi-task with focus on detail and switch gears
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate
plus 2 years tasting room, retail sales or hospitality experience
reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR Bachelor's Degree
plus tasting room, customer service, sales or hospitality
experience including culinary/restaurant experience.
- Cash register experience.
- Required to be 21 years of age or older.
- Required to work weekends and a flexible schedule as
- Required to lift and move product weighing up to 50
- Required to engage in frequent walking and standing
What will set you apart:
- Bachelor's Degree plus 1 year of tasting room, customer
service, sales or hospitality experience including
culinary/restaurant experience reflecting increasing levels of
- Skilled in communication, presentation, sales and customer
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this
position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click
Keywords: E. & J. Gallo Winery, Santa Rosa , Part Time Seasonal Tasting Room Associate - J Winery, Other , Healdsburg, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!