School Case Manager
Company: Seneca Center
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The Case Manager in the Keeping Kids in School program provides
direct support to youth and families in Sonoma County that are
experiencing barriers to school attendance and engagement. Case
managers provide targeted case management services, skill building
support, and connection to school and community resources to youth
and family referred through partnering school districts and Sonoma
County Juvenile Probation Department. They will provide flexible
case management services to children and families within continuity
of care contexts, including advocacy for services within the
community, social services system, educational and health system of
services to decrease chronic absenteeism and increase family
functioning and school engagement. In addition, case managers will
provide technical assistance to partnering schools to enhance
attendance procedures and support positive school climate.
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing
traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding
mental health, community based, and educational services. We are
committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages
people of color to apply. Our programs are deeply engaged in
conversations and trainings on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in
order to bring equity and justice to the youth and families we
- Conduct assessments to identify needs, barriers, and strengths
to establish individualized goals and action plans with clients,
caregivers, and school teams
- Facilitate monthly action plan review meetings with clients,
families, school teams and other participating members.
- Provide youth and family with linkage to school and community
resources to meet their needs and establish sustainable
- Integrate into assigned school communities by working with
administration and school intervention teams, attending
multidisciplinary meetings, and participating in other school
- Deliver culturally competent and sensitive services by
discovering what is important and unique to each family and
tailoring service location, language or focus to those needs.
- Develop and maintain healthy partnerships with a variety of
mental health, school, and community providers.
- Provide technical assistance in the form of school or district
wide interventions, participating in school or district wide
events, and advocate for creative problem solving to address
underlying student/family barriers to success in school.
- Implement and hold fidelity to Seneca's Unconditional Care and
Unconditional Education models.
- Complete required program documentation in a timely manner in
accordance with program guidelines.
- Participate in program trainings, meetings, and weekly
individual and group supervisions as required
- Make efforts to understand the history of Black, Indigenous,
People of Color (BIPOC) in the United States and further Diversity,
Equity, and Inclusion.
- Maintain professional behavior at all times, appropriately
representing Seneca's mission and philosophy.
- Bachelor's degree
- Two or more years of direct work experience providing support,
community, or school-based services to children, adolescents, and
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus!
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong organizational skills as demonstrated by the ability to
effectively manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including
- Valid California Driver's License and insurability by Seneca's
automobile insurance carrier.
- Fulfillment of TB test, fingerprinting and state clearance, and
any other mandatory state and federal
- Starting at $20.25 per hour.
- 10% salary increase upon passing Spanish language proficiency
- Annual performance evaluations provide the potential for a
generous salary increase each year.
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical,
dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid
premiums for dependents.
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- 4 weeks of flexible paid time off and 11 paid holidays.
- We provide a 403b retirement plan.
- Scholarship opportunities, ongoing training, and professional
Keywords: Seneca Center, Santa Rosa , School Case Manager, Other , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!