Posted on: June 7, 2021
Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following,
other duties may be assigned):
Creates plans that permit the continued operation of equipment
and systems affecting the company's business operations to a
substantial degree. Responsible for determining, monitoring, and
administering maintenance and operation work schedules to meet
plant productivity needs. In coordination with plant management and
project managers, develops and implements work schedules after
evaluating maintenance, operations, and engineering needs.
Exercises discretion and independent judgment based on plant
operations, maintenance needs, resources, and timing
considerations. Involved in planning long- and short-term business
objectives involving maintenance, repair, and replacement of
equipment. Provides consultation and expert advice to management.
Investigates and resolves maintenance issues.
- Seasoned professional with administrative skill and advanced
- Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance and plant
- Administers maintenance program with particular emphasis on
establishing work plan to effect operation/maintenance performance
- Performs little or no physical work.
- Makes decisions concerning complex issues regarding project
components and tasks.
- Leads, researches, prepares, plans and schedules exercising
discretion in formulating solutions using independent
- Develops new processes, tools and services; develops new
products, services or techniques.
- Makes decisions requiring exercise of discretion and
independent judgment regarding matters of significance ranging from
moderate to complex maintenance and operations planning
- Directs senior professional in selection of methods,
techniques, and analytical approaches.
- Advises management team in planning long and short-term
business objectives and in developing new maintenance reports,
standards, metrics and policies.
- Able to administer maintenance planning based on general plant
and operations policies with little or no day-to-day
- Administers work of professionals, technicians, and others both
inside and outside of own department.
- Work is primarily office or non-manual work related to the
plant maintenance operations.
- Must compare and evaluate possible courses of action and make a
decision after various possibilities have been considered
- Has authority to wave or deviate from established policies and
procedures in exceptional circumstances.
- Advises management on best policies and practices for
coordinating resources to achieve maintenance goal and regularly
keeps management abreast on actionable solutions to planning
- Collaborate and solve problems - works with others to resolve
significant issues in the plant, clarifies or interprets complex
information, provide initial screening/remediation.
- Additionally, responsible for assessing priority of maintenance
requests (both long- and short-term), determining job requirements,
and determining appropriate staffing resources.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment to integrate
plant needs with maintenance/operation resources in setting work
- Formulates maintenance plans, budgets, material requirement
list, budget tracking tools, and develops metrics to demonstrate
performance and drive improvements of maintenance operations.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment to administer
schedule changes due to backlogs, design changes, and material or
- Provides strategic advice based on evaluating possible repairs
and deciding whether equipment needs to be modified or
- Bachelor's Degree and vocational/technical experience and
education in maintenance, engineering-related field, or
- Expert in department-specific software, databases, and
spreadsheets; strong understanding of power maintenance/plant
operations functions, administrative controls, or related.
- Generally, requires 7 years of relative experience.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment as
well as mastery of maintenance and control operations functions
necessary to administer maintenance.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected
Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Calpine is committed
to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable
accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental
disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and
need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or
to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to
email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable
accommodation are made on case-by-case basis. Please view Equal
Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend
Keywords: Calpine, Santa Rosa , Maintenance Planner, Other , Middletown, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!