Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: June 6, 2021
With more than $1B in revenue, Tennant Company is a globally
recognized leader in the cleaning equipment industry. For the past
150 years, we have been passionate about developing and
manufacturing innovative and sustainable solutions for our
customers. At Tennant Company, we are committed to stewardship and
creating a cleaner, safer and healthier world. With manufacturing,
operations and sales, service, and support functions across the
globe, your journey at Tennant can take you places you never
As a Field Service Technician with Tennant, you will provide
top-notch customer service as you troubleshoot equipment and
deliver solutions that create a cleaner, safer world. Working at
our customers' facilities, our service technicians maintain,
troubleshoot, and repair Tennant products, and provide quality
customer service and communication to minimize costs and ensure
satisfaction. You will maintain the proper parts, supplies, and
tools in your service vehicle to solve customer problems. You will
quickly and accurately diagnose equipment issues, and determine
what is needed to get the equipment running again. Customers rely
on you to teach them how to use our equipment correctly and
decrease future needs making you a true asset to our customers.
Tennant Company offers a competitive salary with an excellent
benefits package, as well as a company vehicle, corporate credit
card, cell phone, and laptop. Our Field Service Technicians also
enjoy work-life balance with a schedule that typically allows them
to be home every night. Technicians also participate in a
comprehensive training program including ride-a-longs with other
Technicians and management; and factory-based training.
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic
systems, air and water-cooled combustion engines, and diesel-gas-LP
powered engine problems on all Tennant products and similar
- Responsible for effectively scheduling time and arranging all
customer service calls, planned maintenance, and breakdowns to
maintain effective customer service.
- Maintain records of all service activities and business
reporting documentation through the use of customer repair order
logs, service agreements, completed repair orders, timesheets,
machine checklists, receiving records, expense reports, and service
- Efficiently manage inventory levels to maximize inventory turns
while minimizing return trips to customers.
- Ensure proper communication of customer preventative
maintenance schedules and future service needs.
- Estimate machine repair requirements and prepare necessary data
to provide an accurate repair quote to the customer.
- Responsible for proper and safe use, maintenance, and reporting
of all Tennant Company property. This includes trucks, trailers,
tools, and equipment.
- Partner with sales representatives concerning potential
customer applications for equipment replacements.
- Consistently present a professional image, both in personal
appearance and condition of company equipment.
- Assist manager by making territory boundary changes and
customer alignment recommendations.
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds, with most items weighing
between 2 and 20 pounds. Occasionally may be required to lift items
weighing up to 90 pounds. Assistance should be provided for items
weighing over 60 pounds.
- Position requires sitting, standing, twisting, reaching,
pushing, and pulling.
- Position requires bending, stooping, kneeling, or squatting
daily. May be up to 30% of the day.
- Position requires driving a van to and from customer sites
daily, an average of 500 miles/week.
- High school diploma or equivalent, vocational school coursework
- Minimum of two years' work experience to include:
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing mobile
- Demonstrated experience working with one or more of the
following: mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems, air and
water-cooled combustion engines, and diesel-gas-LP powered
- Demonstrated experience working in direct contact with
customers on service-related activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal
- Safely use hand and power shop tools, equipment, and diagnostic
- Basic understanding and knowledge of how to use a personal
computer, including MS Office Suite, email, and proprietary Tennant
- Understand and manage expenses within the service
- Good verbal communication skills, customer-centric attitude,
- Basic estimating and inventory management skills.
- Valid driver's license plus meet Tennant Company driving policy
Begin your journey with us. Let's reinvent how the world
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment
decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability,
reliability, productivity, and other factors important to
performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental
disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected
by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Nearest Major Market: Santa Rosa
Nearest Secondary Market: Petaluma
Keywords: Tennant, Santa Rosa , Field Mechanic, Other , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!