Medical Assistant - Urgent Care
Company: St. Joseph Health
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: June 6, 2021
We are looking for a Medical Assistant for the Urgent Care -
Santa Rosa Department at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital.
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Work Schedule: On Call / Per Diem
Shift: 10-hour, Days
Under the general supervision of the Urgent Care Director and
Medical Director, this position's primary job function is to assist
the provider (physician/nurse practitioner) in providing patient
care demonstrating our core values. The Medical Assistant will
function within the appropriate scope of practice.
- Assist with procedures and administers medications within the
MA scope of practice per provider orders.
- Performs assigned tasks appropriately and completely. Gives
appropriate patient care, sets up procedures correctly, obtains
complete patient information data (chief complaint/vital
signs/allergies/medication updates/etc.), anticipates needs and
assists providers appropriately.
- Meets compliance standards for documentation. Documentation is
pertinent, complete and legible.
- Instructs patients/family/significant others in test
requirements and physician orders.
- Maintains a clean, functional work environment to include
housekeeping, log maintenance and accurate supply par levels.
- Processes patient billing information to complete patient
record, as needed.
- Responsible for cleaning and disinfecting room and equipment
- High level of customer services skills with a genuine caring
approach to helping people.
- Maintain a positive attitude with changing conditions.
- Demonstrates organizational abilities.
- Demonstrates dependability.
- Good written and verbal communications skills to communicate
effectively with individuals at all levels of the
- Able to work under general supervision.
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of ICD-9 coding, accurately
completes all paperwork.
- Professional and mature demeanor.
- Able to work in a fast-paced department and handle multiple
tasks, work with interruptions, and deal effectively with
- Demonstrates initiative for self-improvement and completes
- Knowledge of basic computer skills in a Windows operating
environment including Word and an e-mail system.
- Preferred: Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills
Minimum Position Requirements:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Coursework/Training - Completion of a Medical Assistant
Licenses/Certifications: Current BCLS (CPR) card.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- Experience as a Medical Assistant in an ambulatory care and/or
medical group setting.
- 2 years work experience as a Medical Assistant.
- EMR experience.
Providence St. Joseph Health (Providence) has worked for decades
to improve health and quality of life in California's North Bay
region, starting in Sonoma County, where the Sisters of St. Joseph
of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital in 1950.
Today, we continue the mission begun by the Sisters to those we
serve through an integrated spectrum of primary, urgent, acute,
outpatient, palliative care and regional referral services. Sonoma
County facilities aligned with Providence include the 278-bed Santa
Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only Level II trauma center.
In addition, the 80-bed Petaluma Valley Hospital and 43-bed
Healdsburg Hospital are secular (non-religious) affiliates of
Providence. Our services also encompass three Urgent Care centers,
Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North County Hospice, the
Annadel Medical Group doing business as St. Joseph Health Medical
Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care Network (post-acute care
services). We act as a regional referral hub for outlying
hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral health care,
education to promote health and prevent chronic disease,
rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit programs, and
more, all fostering health and quality of life throughout the
Providence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Providence complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment
consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in
for staff vacancies.
Keywords: St. Joseph Health, Santa Rosa , Medical Assistant - Urgent Care, Other , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!