Maintenance Mechanic II
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job Summary: (including but not limited to the following; other
duties may be assigned):
Performs structural and mechanical maintenance on plant
equipment to support optimum efficiency and availability. Works
call-outs as required to maintain plant availability. Performs
maintenance activities around the repair, replacement, installation
and removal of mechanical equipment and associated structures.
- Responsibilities include inspecting and verifying maintenance
clearances prior to work, troubleshooting, disassembling,
reassembling, and replacing equipment and associated parts.
- Some mechanical maintenance required when the need arises.
- Assists with planning and spare parts inventory including
following procedures around requisitioning of parts and
- Prepares all reports as directed by management and plant
- Ensures compliance with all local, State and Federal
regulations and plant procedures.
- Maintains safe work environment and contributes to operating
procedures to ensure consistent and safe operations.
- High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school or
- Journey-level; generally 6+ years directly related experience
including understanding of health and safety regulations, and
previous experience working with and around hazardous energy,
chemicals and waste materials including knowledge of safe handling,
storage, and transport.
- Requires basic knowledge of physics and applied mathematics to
facilitate understanding of cogeneration power plant systems such
as turbines, generators, pumps, motors, shaft-to-shaft alignment,
seal types, and valves.
- Skills may be in the areas of mechanical, instrumentation and
control and/or electrical maintenance.
- Basic certifications/licenses. Valid state driver's
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected
Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Calpine is committed
to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable
accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental
disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and
need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or
to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to
email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable
accommodation are made on case-by-case basis. Please view Equal
Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend
Keywords: Calpine, Santa Rosa , Maintenance Mechanic II, Other , Middletown, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!