Rustic Server - Seasonal
Company: Francis Ford Coppola Winery
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job Summary: Francis Ford Coppola Winery (FFCW) is a
high-energy, professional workplace dedicated to offering
outstanding customer service, while having fun along the way. We
are looking for a server who will be responsible for providing
exceptional service to our guests. This individual must be able to
work well under pressure, uphold professional standards of
excellence and set an example to all other employees at all times.
This position does require an applicant with a flexible schedule,
able to work morning and afternoon shifts, weekends, and
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the
Safety Statement: All employees shall follow safe practices
according to the injury and illness Prevention Policy (IIPP),
render every possible aid to safe operations, and report all unsafe
conditions or practices immediately to any management employee or
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Preparation for the day.
- Have the required tools to do their job for that day, such as a
notepad of paper, pen, and cash change.
- Responsible for keeping all payroll paperwork current
- Attend line-ups and be aware of other promotions and events
that are going on at the winery.
- Be aware of what is happening across the property, read all
memos and company monthly newsletters.
Restaurant area service.
- Follow all Restaurant Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform opening and closing duties.
- Ensure the Front-of-House looks presentable to the guest.
- Look for ways to improve service, streamline efficiency and
maximize revenue possibilities.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and order throughout
dining areas, specifically guest tables.
- Work together with culinary staff to ensure food is expedited
quickly and correctly.
- Complete all side-work as directed.
- Communicate with the managers any new concept or products that
can maximize guest satisfaction when visiting the winery.
- Welcome guests promptly in a warm and friendly manner.
- Check guest's identification and confirm it meets the legal
- Set the example of excellence in standards to other staff at
- Use guest names wherever possible and be aware if they are
celebrating a special occasion.
- Promote the restaurants, Coppola wines, Great Women Spirits,
tasting room, wine club, and know about upcoming events on the
- Be knowledgeable about the menu and all food ingredients with
the ability to make suggestions.
- Describe the selection of beverage menu items to guests by
offering exciting, and vivid descriptions to drive sales.
- Provide wine presentations and recommendations, including
- Take food and beverage orders from guests accurately and with a
- Communicate guest orders, including special dietary needs,
allergy, or requests, to the respective people.
- Enter orders promptly into POS for transmittal to culinary
- Communicate and collaborate with the culinary staff for the
prompt and correct delivery of orders.
- Ensure order timing by placing one table order at a time. Do
not sandbag orders by ringing multiple table orders at once.
- Attempt to limit problems related to guests' excessive drinking
by following company procedures.
- Check-in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food
course and beverages.
- Anticipate and fulfill guest needs and requests.
- Ensure prompt and courteous attention to guest needs while
providing superb overall guest support.
- Engage with and influence the guest experience.
- Serve large parties efficiently.
- Consistently exceed sales expectations by looking for
opportunities to upsell.
- Acquire loyal guests and receive outstanding reviews.
- Seek ways to go above and beyond to enhance the guest
- Maintain a composed, professional, and always calm
- Communicate with service staff and managers about guest
- Inform management of guests who are unhappy with the service as
quickly as possible.
- Take the lead in any guest issues that may arise during your
shift and communicate these to your manager on duty
- Prepare checks accurately with appropriate discounts if
applicable and collect payment.
- Handle cash, credit, debit, and gift card transactions,
ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to
patrons, balancing the cash received at the end of the shift.
- Thank guests when they are departing and invite them back.
- Keep all areas clean, tidy and in compliance with the Coppola
- Follow the Health Regulations and Safety Standards.
- Perform opening and closing duties as needed, including
complete paperwork correctly after the end of every shift, and
ensure that all tasks are carried out before the end of shift.
- Ensure that the Department areas are left clean and presentable
at the end of each shift.
- Assist fellow team members out with additional job duties as
business dictates and is required.
- Help fellow team members and other departments wherever
necessary to maintain positive working relationships.
- Perform side work including, but not limited to, cleaning,
stocking, polishing silverware, glassware, folding napkins,
bussing, and resetting tables.
- Sweep the floor before meals service or when needed.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day by
clearing, collecting, and returning food and beverage items to
- Inspect cleanliness and presentation of all book checks, china,
glass, and silverware before use.
- Clear tables and reset them neatly and according to
Important Service Standards for Rustic Restaurant
- To always show up to work on time, on the correct day and dress
appropriately for their shift in accordance with our Uniform
- To be mentally prepared to work hard with a smile!
- To provide a warm welcome and a fond farewell to each guest in
- To always know what is going on for the day.
- High School diploma or GED (General Education Diploma).
- Minimum two years serving experience.
- Comparable restaurant service background and experience.
- OpenTable and DinerWare experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent Communication Skills,
- Ability to work in high paced work environment.
- Ability to Multi Task, Ability to focus for an entire shift,
trouble shooting and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to stand and operate equipment in excess of seven (7)
hours a day.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. Ability to work in high
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Seasonal Position - April through October.
- TIPS Certification or Certified within 90 days of
- CA Food Handlers certification required.
N (Not Applicable)-Activity is not applicable to this
O (Occasionally)-Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of
the time (0-2.5 + hrs/day)
F (Frequently)-Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66%
of the time (2.5-5.5 + hrs/day)
C (Constantly)-Occupation requires this activity more than 66%
of the time (5.5 + hrs/day)
Stand-C, Walk-C, Sit-O, Handling/Fingering-F, Reaching
Outward-C, Reaching Above Shoulder-F Climb-O, Crawl-O, Squat or
Kneel-F, Bend-F, Working at the Computer-N
Other Physical Requirements
10 lbs or Less
12 lbs or Less
Vision (Near, Distance)
11 lbs to 20 lbs
13 lbs to 25 lbs
Sense of Sound (i.e. Machinery/Tractor Sounds)
21 lbs to 50 lbs
26 lbs to 40 lbs
Sense of Touch
51 lbs to 100 lbs
41 lbs to 100 lbs
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (steel toe boots,
Over 100 lbs
Over 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
About The Family Coppola
The Family Coppola encompasses all of the things Francis loves
most-cinema, wine, food, resorts and adventure-and embraces
quality, authenticity and pleasure as a backbone to each of these
vibrant business endeavors.
Our people are driven by the cultural values of respect,
integrity, innovation, passion, teamwork, and embracing change. Our
employees love working here for our sense of "family" community.
We've been recognized as one of The Best Places to Work in the
North Bay multiple years in a row.
Keywords: Francis Ford Coppola Winery, Santa Rosa , Rustic Server - Seasonal, Other , Geyserville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!