Part Time Experienced Field Investigator
Company: Paragon Systems
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Field Investigator (FI) directly supports national security
and suitability investigations, focusing on performing background
investigations on behalf of government clients. Investigators will
conduct interviews, retrieve records, conduct research and prepare
reports of investigations in compliance with federal standards, all
laws, and other required federal agency regulations. Investigators
type comprehensive reports summarizing facts obtained from these
field source interviews, record information, and submit for quality
review and completeness. The work location will normally be in the
field conducting investigations but may, at times, require
reporting to a field office for meetings or training. Field
Investigators engage in dialogue on a regular basis with managers
and representatives at contractor facilities, various U.S.
Government organizations, and law enforcement agencies, to develop
and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
Casework is performed throughout the geographic area of
responsibility with travel to various places of employment,
residence and educational institutions. Travel to other geographic
locations (by car or plane) also may be required as needed.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job.
Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The
employee might not be required to perform all functions listed.
Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified
according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the
essential functions unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to
the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance.
Job performance standards may be documented separately and may
include functions, objectives, duties, or tasks not specifically
- In performing functions, duties, or tasks, employees are
required to know and follow safe work practices and to be aware of
company policies and procedures related to job safety, including
safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify
superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties, or tasks are to be carried out in an
honest, ethical, and professional manner and are to be performed in
conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the
event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and
procedures, employees are required to request clarification or
explanations from superiors or authorized company
- Conduct interviews and background checks that help to ensure
the safety and security of the nation.
- Obtain and report factual information for background
investigations that determine employment suitability and security
- Conduct face-to-face interviews with the applicant and their
neighbors, coworkers, friends, and associates.
- Complete record searches at law enforcement agencies,
courthouses, and mental health, financial, and educational
- Compile information in a clear, concise report on a
standardized reporting format.
- Meet quality, timeliness, and production metrics
- Interact with team leader and case review officers to ensure
timeliness and thoroughness of investigations.
- Assist in obtaining fieldwork in a rapid, time-sensitive work
- Ensure leads are completed in a timely manner and in accordance
with investigative standards.
- May be asked to assist with temporary details (TDYs) to
high-need areas, dependent upon workload demands.
- Perform additional functions, duties and specific tasks of a
similar nature and scope as necessary in order to achieve assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive
preference depending upon the nature of the position
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Current (within the last 2 years) Single Scope Background
Investigation (SSBI) or active Secret level security clearance
based on an SSBI and able to obtain the required security
- Ability to acquire and maintain any other specific special
- Reliable personal vehicle, valid driver's license and
satisfactory driving record
- Must be able to successfully complete and pass all required
- Ability to cover a local territory of approximately a 50 mile
radius from home residence
- Must have the ability to travel 100% of the time with coverage
area that consists of assigned geography; will require vehicle
travel and may require air, train or other commercial travel
- Willingness to travel on temporary duty assignments as needed
(by car or plane)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent is required; additional
relevant experience can be substituted for the required education
on the basis of one calendar year of experience for one academic
year of education
- Minimum of one (1) year within the last five (5) years of
experience conducting background investigations for a Federal
- Experience conducting one-on-one subject interviews is
- Experience with metrics tools, processes, and delivery
Must undergo and meet company standards for background and
reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral
selection survey, in addition to any mandatory licensing
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training,
- Ability to work remotely without daily supervision
- Intermediate typing and computer skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to balance
and prioritize work
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Interpersonal skills to interact with sources, customers, and
- Ability to establish and build rapport with new people
- Speak and hear sufficiently to communicate in person and by
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Visual ability to include close vision, distance vision, and
ability to adjust focus
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Ability to identify, understand, and apply federal, state, and
local changes and/or new regulations/laws pertaining to personnel
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to synthesize information, identify key findings and
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical
and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions.
In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with executives, sources,
subjects, and staff, in group and one-on-one settings and in
situations requiring high performance and results.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required
for long periods of time and may involve climbing stairs and
walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds
- Regular use of vehicle required in the performance of
- Frequent local travel to interview sites
- Speak and hear sufficiently to communicate in person and by
- Maintain visual ability including close vision, distance
vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: Paragon Systems, Santa Rosa , Part Time Experienced Field Investigator, Other , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!