We are looking for a Resource Coordinator for the Case
Management Department at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital.
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Work Schedule: On Call / Per Diem
Shift: 8-hour, Days
Case management is a patient care delivery process which
supports the patient's body, mind and spirit. The healing process
is facilitated by coordination of appropriate services and
resources along the continuum. The resource coordinator supports
all team members in the case management process.
- Supports the case management process by carrying out
administrative and other tasks as necessary to achieve desired
quality and efficiency outcomes identified by the multidisciplinary
- Obtains insurance and benefit verifications to assure
reimbursement and continuity of care.
- Collects and maintains data important to the case management
and outcome management process.
- Distributes patient information in support of the continuum
needs of the patient.
- Facilitates exchange of information to achieve timely and
efficient transfers/discharges of patients to other levels of
- Participates in designated meetings and committees of value to
the case management process
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships
with patient team members, internal departments and external
- Ability to work effectively with physicians, patients and
- Capable of organizing multiple tasks, prioritizing and using
time management skills.
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication
- Ability to work in teams in which all members are mutually
- Ability to read, write and follow verbal written
- Ability to be flexible in job assignments.
- Ability to do data entry in a "Windows" environment
Minimum Position Requirements:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Coursework/Training - Medical terminology training.
Experience: 1 year experience in health care or managed care
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education: Coursework/Training - Managed care training.
- Recent acute, rehab, SNF or home care experience.
- Excel or other data base spreadsheets experience.
Providence St. Joseph Health (Providence) has worked for decades
to improve health and quality of life in California's North Bay
region, starting in Sonoma County, where the Sisters of St. Joseph
of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital in 1950.
Today, we continue the mission begun by the Sisters to those we
serve through an integrated spectrum of primary, urgent, acute,
outpatient, palliative care and regional referral services. Sonoma
County facilities aligned with Providence include the 278-bed Santa
Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only Level II trauma center.
In addition, the 80-bed Petaluma Valley Hospital and 43-bed
Healdsburg Hospital are secular (non-religious) affiliates of
Providence. Our services also encompass three Urgent Care centers,
Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North County Hospice, the
Annadel Medical Group doing business as St. Joseph Health Medical
Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care Network (post-acute care
services). We act as a regional referral hub for outlying
hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral health care,
education to promote health and prevent chronic disease,
rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit programs, and
more, all fostering health and quality of life throughout the
Providence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Providence complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment
consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in
for staff vacancies.