This position is based in the Ukiah, California area
Are you ready to join the Un-carrier movement? Do you enjoy
working on projects with direct customer impact? Are you looking
for a team of high performers to help expand your skills and
experience? Can you bring Un-carrier to everything you do?
If so, our Concord team is searching for a high performing Field
Technician to join us in the Redwood Valley/Ukia, CA area taking
the next big leap forward.
You should possess a balance of wireless industry exposure,
coupled with the ability to work independently and cover a wide
area of sites in our market. You will be a "jack of all trades",
encompassing aspects of technical support, project management, and
operational support while being a responsible team player.
We are a team that encourages innovation and advocate an agile
and open approach, truly working and playing in the Un-carrier
At least 18 years of age. Legally authorized to work in the
United States. High School Diploma or GED. Pre-employment
background screen. Two-year vocational degree in a technical
discipline or equivalent work experience. Must have and maintain a
clean driving record & driver's license. Meet the minimum DOT
medical standards under 49 CFR Part 391. Ability to drive cars,
trucks, or other equipment. Work day, afternoon and graveyard
shifts, weekend shifts, on-call, and holidays. This position
requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.); the ability
to get from one place to another; bending, turning, twisting of
your neck or at the waist; squatting, crawling, and kneeling;
balancing and maintaining equilibrium; being able to feel, grasp,
reach with hands and arms (outwards and/or upwards). Lift, carry,
push or pull objects weighing no more than 75 pounds. Climbs stairs
or stepladders to reach equipment and cable trays. Work in all
weather conditions and in remote areas.
- Must meet minimum technical proficiency requirements with
Ericsson equipment in the field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated; exhibits initiative in achieving company goals
- Basic leadership skills and ability to prioritize and complete
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility with ever-changing environments and priorities
- Solve problems using creativity and innovation
- Operational knowledge and theory of all interconnecting
circuits to include but not limited to RF transmitters, antenna
systems, AAV, fiber, microwave radio and AC-DC power systems.
- 3 - 5 years' wireless experience in field operations, with a
proven track record of success
- Flexible hours a must. Day and night work are part of the job,
as well as being part of an on-call rotation for the market.
- Applicant is to meet the minimum DOT medical standards under 49
CFR Part 391
- Technical support: Provides technical support within and
occasionally outside immediate team. Provides technical support in
network performance initiatives, outage resolution and works to
identify day-to-day improvement opportunities.
- Project management: Takes on smaller projects or portions of
key projects / initiatives, providing accurate status and progress
updates as requested.
- Operations: Identifies and shares potential process
improvements and recommends them to Senior Technicians and / or
management for consideration. Provides input on process
improvements related to maintenance and repair activities. Assists
in creation of job aids, scopes of work, method / statement of
procedure, and helpful tools working closely with a Senior
- Continuous learning: Enrolls in and completes training
requirements to stay current on existing and new systems and
products, to grow skills, and to expand proficiency in company
values and organizational requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously-by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made
without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status,
veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability,
or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state,
or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon
any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business
and will not be tolerated.