Sr. Scientist I Chemistry
Company: AbbVie, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
AbbVies mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines
that solve serious health issues today and address the medical
challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on
peoples lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology,
oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, womens health and
gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its
Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie,
please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter ,
Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Conceive and implement novel experimental approaches to answer
scientific questions. Investigate, identify, develop, and optimize
new methods and techniques. Contribute to project science in area
of expertise. Develop productive collaborations and communications
with other groups across science disciplines.
- Routinely demonstrate scientific initiative and creativity in
research or development activities.
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing laboratory
research or method development, requiring only minimal direction
from or interaction with supervisor.
- Formulate conclusions and design follow-on experiments based on
- May initiate new areas of investigation that are scientifically
meaningful, reliable, and can be incorporated directly into a
research or development program.
- A primary author of publications, presentations, regulatory
documents and/or primary inventor of patents.
- Demonstrates high proficiency across a wide range of relevant
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab and/or pilot
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of
conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug
and radioactive compounds, GxP compliance, and animal care where
- Direct mentorship of others
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent education and typically 10 years
of experience, Masters Degree or equivalent education and typically
8 years of experience, PhD and no experience necessary.
- Possess thorough theoretical and practical understanding of own
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive
hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse
backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients.
As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex
(including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or
any other legally protected characteristic.
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online)
thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending
you "phishing" messages.
Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams.
Click here to find out how you can avoid being a victim of job
Keywords: AbbVie, Inc., Santa Rosa , Sr. Scientist I Chemistry, Other , Clearlake, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!