EHS Manager - Geysers
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Geysers Region EHS Manager is responsible for ensuring
Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) compliance for Calpine's
geothermal power generation assets, including thirteen (13) power
plants and associated steam fields, drilling operation, and
ancillary equipment and facilities. The position requires
performing and supervising complex and technical work in a wide
range of EHS disciplines in accordance with company guidelines,
federal and state regulatory requirements, and consensus industry
standards. The EHS Manager reviews and interprets applicable rules
and regulations and advises plant staff and management accordingly.
The successful candidate should have experience in personnel
management as well as a thorough understanding of EHS practices,
regulations, and standards. Job Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage a regional EHS team with an environmental and
safety operational focus. Support career progression and
development activities for staff.
- Partner and collaborate with regional Operations to build
sustainable EHS capabilities.
- Manage compliance with federal and state general industry
safety programs and support a culture of continuous
- Provide regional oversight for multi-media environmental
programs, including air emissions, wastewater discharge, waste
management, and all associated monitoring, reporting, and other
- Facilitate and participate in investigations of EHS incidents,
injuries, and near miss events. Recommend improvements in
processes, procedures, and/or operation to minimize hazards and
- Engage with federal, state, and/or regional agencies to resolve
permitting and enforcement issues.
- Drive EHS risk recognition and mitigation by assessing and
communicating physical, operational, and regulatory risks related
to EHS matters.
- Support continuous learning through identification of EHS best
practices and timely and relevant communications.
- Serve as a catalyst for continuous improvement through EHS
assessments and implementation of corrective actions.
- Track EHS compliance status and ensure timely and accurate
completion of task requirements.
- May be designated management or technical lead for an ongoing
program or short-term project within the EHS Department.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher, preferably in Engineering or
- Requires 10+ years of experience in EHS, preferably in
geothermal or conventional power generation or upstream oil &
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Infrequent overnight travel (1 to 2 nights per month) for
meetings and other work related events.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected
Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Calpine is committed
to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable
accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental
disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and
need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or
to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination on requests for reasonable
accommodation are made on case-by-case basis. Please view Equal
Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend
Keywords: Calpine, Santa Rosa , EHS Manager - Geysers, Other , Middletown, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!