Account Manager, Third Party Manufacturing (TPM
Company: AbbVie, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Account Manager, Third Party Manufacturing (TPM)
- Lake County, United States of America; Field, United States of
- Manufacturing & Operations
AbbVies mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines
that solve serious health issues today and address the medical
challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on
peoples lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology,
oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, womens health and
gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its
Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie,
please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter ,
Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
The Account Manager, Third Party Manufacture (TPM) will be the
main supplier relationship contact person in charge of providing
the organization, supervision, strategic initiatives, and technical
support necessary to manage supply of Device Products. Ensure that
high quality product is manufactured in compliance with local and
international regulations, and released and delivered according to
the established forecasts, schedules, and cost planned.
This position also manages the interest and affairs of projects
and programs impacting AbbVie to ensure a cost effective,
marketable, and manufacturable product and maximizes profitability
throughout its life cycle. Through matrix management of cross
functional groups and individuals, the TPM Manager is responsible
for leading various teams, providing program management and is
recognized as the primary AbbVie representative to coordinate
operational activities for existing and new products manufactured
with the supplier. Internal teams are made up of representatives
from S&T, Quality, Planning & Logistics, and Finance. The
position will require significant interaction with participants
from Allergan Aesthetics, R&D, Regulatory Affairs and CMC as
well as other areas of the business such as Purchasing, Legal,
Main supplier relationship contact person in charge of providing
the organization, supervision, strategic initiatives, and technical
support necessary to manage supply of Device products from key
- Participate in the negotiation of the Manufacturing Service
Agreement and amendments and ensure compliance with the terms of
- Ensure effective planning and material procurement strategies
are in place to supply the TPM with the required materials.
- Ensure global logistics are in place to ship samples to the
testing sites, and product to the fill finishing sites.
- Communicate to the TPM the product forecasts and agree on
manufacturing and delivery schedules.
- In coordination with Supply Chain and IME planning, ensure the
supplier delivers the product according to the demand
- Actively participate in the development of Financial Operating
Plan, Updates, LRP, and Standard processes, and ensure the
financial goals are met.
- Coordinate the Steering Committee and monitor that the Virtual
Operation Teams meet periodically to evaluate performance, address
issues, and if necessary, escalate.
- Review status reports and prepare updates for Senior
- In collaboration with technical and quality teams, periodically
review process performance, quality trends, and agree on process
- Ensure guidance provided by legal and tax counsel is
- Resolve with suppliers any issue that might arise.
- Approve supplier invoices and ensure payments are processed in
the time frame specified in the agreement.
- Establish governance, guidelines, and communication
- Ensure in coordination with the quality units that the supplier
has the required quality systems and documentation to meet
regulatory requirements, follow up inspection responses and
- Coordinate with QA, the annual quality management review and
periodic audits of the TPM.
- Ensure deviations are properly investigated and product
disposition decisions are made in a timely manner.
- Establish performance metrics and periodically track
- Collaborate with CMC and Regulatory Affairs Departments to
establish regulatory strategies, prepare for Type C meetings,
support filing submissions, inspections, and responses to
regulatory agencies requests.
- Develop, implement, and manage the programs or projects such as
scope, cost, time & resource management, communication and risk
management through the initiating, planning, and executing phases
of the project.
- Bachelors Degree required, preferably in science or technical
- MSc or MBA degree is beneficial and preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience, more than 10 preferred, in
areas such as: manufacturing, engineering, project management,
quality and S&T.
- Knowledge of device manufacturing
- Knowledge of quality regulations and standards affecting
chemical, biological or medical devices (i.e. Quality Systems, FDA
and EU regulations), knowledge of corporate, local, state, and
- The individual needs a broad business perspective, knowledge
and understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Strong project experience and an ability to influence others
- Proven leadership ability with superior communication skills
including listening, verbal, presentation and written.
- Strong strategy development and planning skills coupled with
necessary knowledge of pharmaceutical development, manufacturing
and supply activities.
- Issue identification and strong problem analysis and solution
- Exceptional workload management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated team player and ability to work in a globally
oriented work environment.
- Proficiency with common program management communication
software tools (e.g. MS Project, PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel) and
techniques (i.e. plans, schedules, presentations, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of business financial systems and tools.
- The incumbent will work with and influence a wide variety and
number of highly skilled and experienced technical managers in the
following areas: Commercial, R&D, Quality, Regulatory and
- The incumbent will be highly visible to the upper management
and will be expected to interface with other AbbVie Departments and
Divisions, international affiliates, vendors, third party
manufacturers and customers.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive
hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse
backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients.
As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex
(including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or
any other legally protected characteristic.
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online)
thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending
you "phishing" messages.
Please be alert to and protect yourself from phishing scams.
Click here to find out how you can avoid being a victim of job
Keywords: AbbVie, Inc., Santa Rosa , Account Manager, Third Party Manufacturing (TPM, Other , Clearlake, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!