Quality Manager - Sonoma
Company: American Advanced Management, Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Our mission is to provide all of our patients with the highest
quality long term acute care and transitional care given in the
state of California. We are committed to upholding a culture of
shared values that provide dignity, growth, and value to our
patients, employees and physicians.
We believe our hospital will provide a variety of quality
services that will not only be an asset to the community but a
distinct benefit to the surrounding acute hospitals.
It is our vision to become world recognized for our outstanding
specialty and long term acute services accomplished through
quality, innovation and leadership.
The Long Term Acute Care (LTCH) Division of Sonoma Specialty
Hospital is designed to provide care of medically complex patients
who have experienced catastrophic illness and/or multi-system
failure and are in need of intense rehabilitation services and an
extended stay in an acute care setting. These patients usually come
directly from a Short Term Acute Care Hospital (STCH) and are in
need of vent weaning and acute rehabilitation services for a longer
period of time to recover and return to their optimal level of
health. The average length of stay (ALOS) of these patients is a
range of 25-35 days which is a longer than average stay at a Short
Term Acute Care Hospital. Care for these types of patients is
provided by RNs, Respiratory Therapists, Wound Care Nurses,
Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, and Speech
Therapists. Also a collaborative team of specialty physicians,
psychologists, dieticians, and social workers will focus on an
individualized goal for each patient to recover and reach their
independence and optimum level of health.is a missing piece in the
continuum of care within the health care system.
The Quality Manager manages organization wide Performance
Improvement and consults in a variety of hospital processes,
including Risk and Physician Practice Patterns Analysis / Peer
Review. The Quality Manager coordinates the integration of all
activities of patient care services into a performance improvement
process resulting in maximum quality care.
Experience and Qualifications
Five years of clinical nursing experience in an acute hospital
setting. Three years' experience in the Quality Management
healthcare field. Three years' experience in an administrative or
supervisory healthcare position. Membership in one or more
professional associations/organizations relevant to healthcare
quality. Prior experience demonstrating skills in verbal and
written communication, organization, supervision, and setting
priorities is required. Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and
implement a comprehensive Quality Management Program.
Education, Licensure and/or Certifications
- Current Registered Nurse license as issued by the California
Board of Registered Nursing.
- Bachelor's Degree required (Nursing, Healthcare Administration,
Public Health or other equivalent field).
- Master's degree preferred.
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality or eligible and
willing to become certified.
- Possess personal characteristics associated with a competent,
confident, and diplomatic manager of people.
- Has the demonstrated ability through past experience to plan,
organize, and implement a comprehensive, integrated, organization
wide Performance Improvement Program.
- Interpersonal relationship skills that support the effective
facilitation of organization wide team activities.
- Conceptual and critical-thinking skills that support
independent work habits, program design and implementation, data
management methodology, etc.
- Knowledge of current regulatory agency requirements, standards
and regulations (JCAHO, DHS, IMQ, CMS, etc.).
- Ability to aggregate, analyze, display and present data
relative to organization-wide performance improvement
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation
- Facilitator, change agent and educator.
Equipment Knowledge Required:
- Basic computer skills, knowledge of information management
systems, data collection and integration functions, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the position is
frequently required to do the following:
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, and stand for sustained period of
- Walk, push, pull, lift, carry objects from a lower to higher
position or horizontally from position to position or otherwise
- Feel sizes, shapes, temperatures, and textures by touching with
skin, particularly that of the fingertips.
- Express or exchange ideas orally and potentially loudly,
accurately, or quickly.
- Perceive the nature of sound with no less than a 40 db loss @
1000 Hz and 2000 Hz with or without correction.
- Exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20
pounds of force frequently.
- Minimum standard of visual acuity with or without
- While worker may possibly be subjected to temperature changes,
the worker is generally not substantially exposed to adverse
environmental conditions as the work is predominantly inside.
Must be available for scheduled medical staff meetings. Work
environment often consists of frequent interruptions and priority
Employees are responsible for all aspects of the hospital safety
and health program including compliance with safety rules and
regulations, remedying unsafe working conditions, and for
continuously practicing safety while performing duties.
Keywords: American Advanced Management, Inc, Santa Rosa , Quality Manager - Sonoma, Other , Sebastopol, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!