Process Engineer - Optical Coating
Company: II-VI Incorporated
Location: santa rosa
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The job function is to support the current manufacturing of
optical thin film coatings for Telecom applications on a daily
basis. Directly responsible for the execution of coating runs in
multiple chambers. Work with manufacturing to meet delivery, yield
and throughput goals, based on our 100% production run approach.
This will include process management of automated coating
platforms, review and analyze product/process results, and give
critical input to the scheduling team for optimal machine
utilization. Additionally, work with Thin Film Design team to
ensure new and existing design recipes are optimized for high yield
in routine production runs. Also, responsible for the final
approval of a design recipe prior to coating, based on a thorough
customer specification assessment. Must perform continuous process
improvement and development of tools to assist management,
engineering and manufacturing in evaluation of process, product and
business. Works directly with Quality Manager on customer quality
issues. Provides technical input and feedback on Return Material
Authorization (RMA) requests, as well as equipment
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor processes and products produced to maximize yields, and
spot equipment deficiencies. Provide guidance when requested.
- Analyze product designs for compatibility with ACC
- Interact closely with the Manufacturing team to monitor and
- Support Planning and Manufacturing to optimize product flow,
throughput and on-time delivery goals.
- Maintain and optimize predictive tools to maximize run yields
and minimize downtime.
- Characterize coated product in clear and concise manner to
communicate product status to all downstream users.
- Develop improvements to manufacturing capability and capacity
supported by measurable statistics.
- Support integration of new products into existing systems for
- Maintain, improve and optimize Chip Wavelength tuning process
for maximum yields
- Communicates well with outside vendors and customers, fostering
good working relationships.
- Technical support and analyses are provided for marketing,
engineering and manufacturing as required.
- BS degree or higher in Engineering, Physics or related
- Bachelor of Science or higher in Engineering, Physics or
- 8+ years of professional optical coating process engineering in
- Expert in reactive AC and DC magnetron sputter deposition
processes, thin film growth processes and their
- General knowledge of thin film design theory and product
- In depth knowledge of Minitab or Jump statistical software
packages, interpretation of statistics and an ability to clearly
communicate statistical results to others.
- Decrease/Eliminate process variations using problem solving
methodologies to; understand root causes, confirm hypotheses,
implement resolutions, and optimize improvement
- General knowledge optical thin film metrology for
- Optical communication systems background preferred.
- Matlab/Visual Basic writing skills for equipment control and
- Have proficient general computer skills. Some examples are;
experience with commercial thin film software, and other programs,
Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
*Shift and 'on-call' work may be required, particularly where
manufacturing/production equipment is in continual 24-hour
*Able to lift and move up to 25lbs without assistance.
II-VI is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: II-VI Incorporated, Santa Rosa , Process Engineer - Optical Coating, Other , santa rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!