Principal / Senior Principal Scientist, Occupational Toxicol
Company: AbbVie, Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Principal / Senior Principal Scientist, Occupational
- Lake County, United States of America
- Research and Development
- 2105358 Job Description About AbbVie
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines
that solve serious health issues today and address the medical
challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on
people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology,
oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and
gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its
Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie,
please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter ,
Facebook , Instagram , YouTube and LinkedIn .
Genetic, Environmental and Occupational Toxicology (GEO tox) is a
diverse team of scientists with the goals of supporting patient,
environmental and employee safety. The Occupational Toxicologist
assesses toxicity data to generate risk documents that guide worker
safety in laboratories, pilot plants and manufacturing
facilities.-- We are seeking an experienced risk assessor to join
our team in Development Sciences, Pre-clinical Safety.
- Critically evaluate literature and toxicology reports/summaries
and utilize tools such as read-across and in silico data to
generate various risk evaluation documents to be implemented by
EHS. These include: Occupational (Employee) Exposure Limits
(O(E)ELs); Permissible Daily Exposure (PDE)/Residual Dose Limits
(RDL) for multi-use equipment; Estimated Limit Summaries (ESTLs);
and Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Present/support drafted assessments at monthly meeting of the
AbbVie Drug Handling Committee (ADHC) interacting with the
multi-functional team to align on safety banding for implementation
throughout the company.
- Publish documents to internal database (ToxInfo) through WERCS
- Guide Junior toxicologist to develop their skills to assess
toxicology information to generate risk assessments.
- Support Genetic and Environmental toxicologists as needed.
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD--in Toxicology, Industrial Hygiene,
or related discipline with typically 16-18 (BS), 14-16 (MS), or
8-10 (PhD) years of relevant experience
- PhD in Toxicology or Industrial Hygiene preferred
- Proven record of successfully--evaluating safety risks--
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment Desired skills:
- Occupational Exposure Banding, Performance-based exposure
control limits or evaluating toxicity data for Safety Data
- Calculating safe exposure levels using toxicity data and
employing equations from ICH or RiskMAPP
- Mining Toxicity data in databases and literature
- Software such as WERCs or predictive tools for toxicity *Job
level will be commensurate with experience
Significant Work Activities
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse
backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients.
As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex
(including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical
condition, genetic information gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or
any other legally protected characteristic.
As an online job seeker, you could be a target of cyber (online)
thieves seeking to secure personal information from you by sending
you "phishing" messages. Please be alert to and protect yourself
from phishing scams. Click here to find out how you can avoid being
a victim of job phishing scams.
Keywords: AbbVie, Inc., Santa Rosa , Principal / Senior Principal Scientist, Occupational Toxicol, Other , Clearlake, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!