Business Development Lead
Company: Harris Corporation
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Job Location: Santa Rosa CA, Mason OH, Washington DC area OR
Orlando, FL Candidate must work onsite in 1 of the locations above.
We offer a 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off as well
as a relocation package for those that qualify L3Harris is
dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing
talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are
unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest
for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging
environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life
success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on
values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence
in everything we do. About L3Harris Technologies L3Harris
Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology
innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers'
mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and
commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber
domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue,
50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries.
L3Harris.com L3Harris Wescam USA Division, is located in Santa
Rosa, CA with additional sites in Orlando, Florida and Hilton Head
North Carolina. Wescam USA Division is an established pioneer in
military/defense imaging and targeting solutions. As a first-rank
engineering and production company, the Business Development
professional will be responsible for establishing strategic
business development initiatives that drive business growth,
focusing on EO and Multi phenomenology research and development
efforts and technology maturation for next generation sensing
capabilities in the Defense and Intelligence domains. Develops and
manages positive ongoing relationships between the organization and
customers in strategic markets by cultivating relationships with
key technology stakeholders in Government and Industry. Identifies
opportunities for new business or program expansion. Manages
revenue goals. Works with programs and engineering to propose
solutions and implement growth strategy. Includes coordination
across L3Harris divisions. Provides regular updates to senior staff
regarding strategic initiatives, pursuit plans, and opportunity
- In-depth knowledge of the advanced EO/IR Imaging marketplace,
to include technical, performance and mission needs, and be able to
communicate that knowledge at all levels within the organization.
Reporting responsibilities include executive management, program
management, engineering, and capture teams. Market areas of
emphasis include EO/IR imaging, laser subsystems for targeting,
illumination and range finding, Hyperspectral imaging, Infrared
Search and Track (IRST), RADAR, LiDAR and other advanced EO/IR
- Establish relationships within prime contractor and government
research and development communities. Maintain a high level of
customer intimacy within these communities.
- Capture new research and development business in alignment with
the division's technical expertise and strategic roadmap.
- In-depth knowledge of the government procurement cycle.
- Significantly contribute to Sonoma's annual strategic planning
process, focusing on technical innovation and capability
- Assist with development of a detailed annual business
development operating plan that provides the ROI for all the
division's IRAD and pursuits.
- Develop and maintain a robust opportunity pipeline in CRM.
- Coordinate, lead and/or support proposal activities.
- Regularly visit key division customers. Qualifications:
- Requires a minimum of 10 years of relevant business development
experience, with at least 5 years of airborne imaging
- BS degree in a technical field, advanced degree preferred.
- In-depth understanding of DoD imaging missions: reconnaissance,
surveillance, target acquisition, and threat detection.
- Direct familiarity and experience working with US military
science and technology, acquisition, and operational agencies.
- Direct experience interacting with customers, assessing mission
needs and deriving system requirements.
- Proven ability to win new research, development, test, and
- Demonstrated track record of capturing 6.2 and 6.3
- Ability to influence and effectively shape customer
requirements within the following constituencies: government
customer, prime contractor customer, and partners/suppliers.
- Working knowledge of the US Department of Defense procurement
processes, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs), Foreign Military
Sales/Funded (FMS/ FMF) and International Traffic and Arms
Regulations (ITAR) is required.
- Forecasting, investment strategy, standard estimating and
budgeting practices, capture planning and proposal development
experience. Training in Miller - Heiman and Shipley processes
- Position is based in Santa Rosa, CA, or Dayton, OH (preferred),
or Washington, DC area. Requires domestic travel (50%) travel.
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain a US
security clearance. Job Profile Matching Criteria: Expertise
Sales--Business Development Location USA - FL - Orlando, USA - MD -
Andrews AFB, USA - MD - Annapolis, USA - VA - Arlington, USA - VA -
Alexandria, USA - VA - Arlington, USA - OH - Cincinnati, USA - CA -
Santa Rosa, USA - MD - Gaithersburg, USA - OH - Mason Stock Quote:
HRS Last Trade: 110.89 Change: 0.00
Keywords: Harris Corporation, Santa Rosa , Business Development Lead, Other , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!