Waste Zero Specialist 1
Company: Recology, Inc.
Location: Santa Rosa
Posted on: February 22, 2021
As the largest 100% employee-owned company in the resource
recovery industry, Recology has a unique workplace culture that
guides how we support employees, interact with our customers,
service our communities, and care for our environment. We encourage
Recology employees to G.R.O.W. with Us professionally and
- Giving back to our communities and our environment by
volunteering time and resources
- Recovering resources to achieve their best and highest use
- Exhibiting Ownership in--a company that does the right things
for the right reasons, ensuring that our actions benefit the
company, the communities we serve, and our environment.
- Working together to develop camaraderie and facilitate
collaboration. By demonstrating an inclusive attitude that values
different backgrounds and ideas, we can get the job done. You can
G.R.O.W. with Us by becoming our Waste Zero Specialist 1 THE ROLE
Under close supervision, responsible for the coordination,
implementation and administration of designed recycling programs
through a comprehensive approach involving education,
community-wide services, pick-up and processing of recyclable
materials from residential, industrial and commercial customers.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, AND ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Completes waste and diversion assessments for customers.
- Develops and delivers effective public education programs in
franchise cities that fulfill contract requirements and support
regional sustainability goals.
- Serves as Company representative and primary contact for city
staff and elected officials, as well as regional organizations,
associations, and Chambers.
- Prepares and delivers speeches and presentations within the
community for customers.
- Assess confidential commercial customer's proprietary financial
data; including profitability of revenues, costs of labor and
services to provide diversion strategies and outline customer's
areas for opportunity.
- Contributes content for media such as social media, ads, annual
reports to cities, presentations, and other communications material
to promote the company and its services.
- Reviews audit reports on contamination and diversion issues and
provides management with summary of findings for improving
diversion rates and or process to meet legal compliance with
contracts, city, and state laws.
- Coordinates recycling programs with local jurisdictions and
educates existing and new customers on program elements and related
- Monitors and researches relevant public policy issues that
impact various operational and business practices of the
- Maintains and updates al documents required by law and company
- Travels frequently to various offsite meetings.
- Other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS-- Any combination of
education and experience that would likely provide the required
knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to
qualify is: Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- One year of related experience in resource recovery (e.g.,
waste disposal, recycling).
- Valid driver's license. IDEAL CANDIDATE - The qualifications
listed are typical of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of
successful employees within this classification. Knowledge of:
- Technical and professional principles, practices, laws,
applications and programs in position related area.
- Current developments and trends in areas of marketing,
communications and public outreach.
- Computer programs, including Microsoft Office suite of
applications. Skills and / or Ability to:
- Promote the WASTE ZERO philosophy by making the best and
highest use of all resources as well as finding ways to use waste
products in ways that benefit the environment.
- Define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions;
generate innovative ideas to develop or improve existing
- Demonstrate ability to use computers and technology
- Demonstrate strong proficiency and knowledge in area(s) of
expertise as well as company business.
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing; listen to and
understand various viewpoints; share relevant information timely;
provide constructive feedback; maintain professionalism.
- Present ideas effectively to individuals or groups and deliver
presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the
- Effectively and productively engage with others and establish
trust, credibility, and confidence.
- Promote collaboration and assist others with their initiatives
- Consistently build and share knowledge and expertise about
current job through reading, new experiences, and exposure to new
- Listen to and build customer relationships; increase customer
satisfaction and ensure commitments are met. RECOLOGY OFFERS:
- an ecologically innovative company that finds and mentors
people committed to protecting the environment and sustaining our
- the largest employee owned resource recovery company in the
industry with terrific benefits to help you prosper.
- a creative and caring culture that values community, diversity,
altruism, accountability, collaboration, and learning by
- an inspired company mission driven to use and return resources
to their best and highest use through the practice of the 4R's:
Reduce, Re-use, Recycle, and Recologize.
- distinct professional challenges to connect with, care for, and
grow community that sees a world without waste. RECOLOGY BENEFITS
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and
- Retirement plans (Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401(k) with
- Annual wellness incentives.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Educational assistance.
- Employee referral program. ------SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job; and
pursuant to applicable law, we will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal records. It is important that
you provide accurate information on the job application, inaccurate
information may cause delays in the processing of your application
and/or may disqualify you as a candidate. Recology is an equal
opportunity employer committed to supporting an inclusive and
diverse work environment where employees are valued, heard, and
provided development opportunities. Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any
other basis that is prohibited by law. This description is not
intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of
all responsibilities, skills, effort, work conditions, and benefits
associated with the job.
Keywords: Recology, Inc., Santa Rosa , Waste Zero Specialist 1, Other , Santa Rosa, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!