Animal Sanctuary Care and maintenance
Posted on: February 18, 2021
- Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Follow Milo Foundation policies, procedures, and task lists for
daily assignments, including accurate and timely communications and
- Assist with maintenance chores in support of the animals'
safety and comfort.
- Ensure animals are fed and watered, medicated, and cared for
every morning and evening and as needed.
- Keep the intake room in the Barn, litter boxes and living
- Work independently or in teams as required to provide daily
feeding and care for the animal.
- Cleaning tasks include sweeping, mopping, organizing, dish
washing, animal waste removal, trash disposal, etc.
- Report changes in animal health or wellness to management daily
and throughout the day as needed.
- The shift for this position is normally 6-8 hours long;
flexibility with scheduling is required.
- Other duties as assigned.Required Skills
- Resourceful, get-it-done attitude, with problem-solving skills
to complete all tasks efficiently and thoroughly.
- Ability to work collaboratively, and with a positive attitude,
with Milo Sanctuary team for the care, benefit, and promotion of
the animals in our care.
- Communication skills to work well with co-workers, keep
supervisors informed of activities and ensure compliance with
- Strong interpersonal skills, a team player, personable,
professional, and able to get along with people from different
backgrounds, as well as the ability to handle sensitive and
confidential information and situations.Preferred Skills &
- Possess first-hand knowledge of dog behavior and familiarity
with dog care and their health needs.
- Experience working hands-on with farm animals and livestock a
- Skilled with giving medications to dogs and ability to fulfill
record-keeping of medical histories.
- Comfort and proficiency with properly handling dogs of various
sizes, breeds, temperaments and levels of training, in order to
work with them safely and effectively.
- Experience with a variety of power tools, hand tools, building
materials, hardware and four-wheel drive vehicles.
- Ability to operate four-wheel drive work vehicles safely and
responsibly on all types of terrain and in all kinds of weather
- Experience and skills with mending fences, digging and filling
holes, cutting trees and branches, etc., while assiduously
following safety practices, such as wearing proper protective
gear.Physical & Other Requirements:
- Must be able to routinely lift 60 pounds and perform daily
strenuous activity including, but not limited to strong dogs on
leash, lifting, carrying, cleaning, walking on uneven ground in
rough terrain, reaching, stooping, squatting and bending.
- Work indoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
including extreme heat, wet and cold.
- Work well with daily exposure to dogs, cats, farm and other
animals of all sizes, temperaments, and medical status.
- Daily hours and days of the week may vary according to the
needs of the schedule; position includes weekends, some evenings
and holiday work.
- Must wear work boots or similar sturdy closed-toed work
- Possess a valid driver's license.
Keywords: Monster, Santa Rosa , Animal Sanctuary Care and maintenance, Other , Willits, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!