The Assistant Manager supports the restaurant and General
Manager by managing great shifts and assists in completing
administrative duties. In the absence of the General Manager you
provide the leadership necessary to make sure the restaurant
consistently operates to brand standards. Assistant Managers should
have strong leadership qualities and organizational skills with a
confident, professional manner, and can give clear detailed
instructions, exhibit strong time management skills and good
problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Having a clear understanding of and the ability to perform
every job in the restaurant.
• Oversees team members and Shift Managers to ensure they
complete all assigned duties and consistently serve safe, high
quality food in a timely, friendly manner.
• Ensure the restaurant is a safe place for team members to work
and customers to visit.
• Ensure all team member training and certifications are
completed to plan.
• Ensure all health and safety standards are always followed,
making sure the restaurant adheres to all state and local
• Assist in development of Shift Managers and Future
• Assist the General Manager with restaurant maintenance.
• Assist the General Manager with finding, interviewing, hiring,
and onboarding future team members.
• Assist General Manager in maintaining consistent strong
Career Ambition - Knows what he/she wants from a career and
actively works on it; is career knowledgeable; makes things happen
for self; markets self for opportunities; does not wait for others
to open doors.
Conflict Management - Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as
opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening;
can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can
find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
Decision Quality - Makes good timely decisions under pressure
based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment;
most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct
and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice
Motivating Others - Creates a climate in which people want to do
their best; can motivate many kinds of direct reports and team or
project members; Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive
or irritated when times are tough. Can assess each person's hot
button and use it to get the best out of him/her; pushes tasks and
decisions down; empowers others; invites input from each person and
shares ownership and visibility; makes each individual feel his/her
work is important; is someone people like working for and with.
Primary service relationships with outside customers; team
building relationships with co-workers and appropriate working
relationships with other internal visitors and vendors.
Able to build a strong relationship with their General Manager,
as well as their fellow management team and Team Members.
Able to assume the role of General Manager when the GM is absent
from the restaurant.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Experience: Two-years Restaurant experience required with
proven lead experience on all shifts
• Education: High School Diploma
• Must have the ability to read, speak, comprehend, and write in
• Must maintain current Health Card according to state or local
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must pass Criminal Background Check including MVR.
• Must be able to pass SERV Safe Certification Course and
Diversified Restaurant Group, LLC (DRG) is a restaurant business
working to innovate and grow with quick service and fast casual
brands across the country. What started as a 30-unit Taco Bell
business in 2012 has since grown into a 230+ unit, multi-brand
operation. DRG currently operates Taco Bell and Arby’s restaurants
across Northern California, Nevada, and Kansas City; and has
approximately 6,000 team members and continues to grow every
Disclaimer: You are applying to Diversified Restaurant Group, a
franchisee of Taco Bell and Arby’s Corp. If hired, the franchisee
will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business
owners who set their own wage and benefit programs that can vary